Thursday, March 12, 2009

Favourite things

Just a little entry about new favourite things in my apartment; things that I love, appreciate and things that mean something to me. Priceless things they are...

I had an entry about this some other time too...

I adore brown bags like this, especially the kind I get at a local shop called “Krims & krams”. (Which kind of translates to knick-knacks) Oh, they sell the most gorgeous things. And every bag has a little life-wisdom attached to it, hanging from old-looking string. Just look:


The string says: Don't let your mind get overloaded with worries, because then there won't be enough space left for the things that do you good...

I visited this shop yesterday, and ended up with these things: a little cute box, a sign that says velkommen, which means welcome, and an antique looking chalk board for the kitchen. I am in love with these things, so they are now also a part of my favourite things...


This little box I got from Laura for Christmas, amongst other things. Her mum had painted it, and I think also used decoupage on it. It stands on a table in my living-room, together with the little box I bought yesterday.
This Matryoshka doll was a gift from Leila, aka Momiji ,for Christmas, together with a world history book. I had one with the exact same colours as a child, so this brings back nice memories. I keep it in my bookshelf.

This is a little box, which is originally a cheese box. I painted it and put little Swarovski pearls on it. It isn’t all that fabulous for outsiders, but I love it. It makes me happy. I love things that sparkle!!

This is a painting my brother did about two years ago. It makes me ponder and philosophize.
I really like having things around the house that are homemade.
Most of my wall art are made by me or my brother. But then I have these two pictures that aren’t:
This just spoke to me, and that saying is SO me! Fantasies are my "life". Love them.


While this one I chose because I adore Gustav Klimt. It calms me and my guests.
It is soothing to look at. It hangs behind my sofa.
And last but not least my mirror. I just bought it, and it was in gold. However, I painted it with purple and then with silver on top of there. I think it turned out fab! Now I only need to hang it up on my wall in here.
So, that was some of my favourite things at the moment... I am in love with them all!!
I am doing quite fine by the way... My first cousin has helped with her coaching. She's a gem!
Monsoon :-)

9 comments:

Martha-Anne said...

Such a great post, Monsoon!! I too love brown bags! I also love the little chalkboard you got and your brother's painting! Wonderful!! :)

Eva Kråkenes said...

Hei vennen!
Jeg likte de nye tinga du kjøpte på krims krams... har ikke vært innom den butikken ennå.
Speilet var kjempe fin...
Ha en fin dag... Ringe deg angående office ...
Love you

Anonymous said...

Ooh, purdy stuff!!! Luvv'em! I particularly like the pics from Klimt and your bro and the chalkboard thing. The first thing that struck me when I saw that chalkboard was "FRIENDS". For some reason. Don't ask me why. Perhaps I kinda saw a chalkboard in Central Perk? I dunno. Quite frankly, I can't remember if there really was a chalkboard there. Hm. Aaand then it also reminds me of the Rachael Ray Show where I KNOW there is a chalkboard. :-D

Anyway, I'm just rambling now. I'll shut up now before it gets any worse. Take care!

Happy dance,
Elise

Oh, and gotta love that "snap, crackle and pop" header of yours! Not to mention the "friends in Blogland" and the "earlier carvings". Lol! Cute!

Anonymous said...

Yep, mum used decoupage on it; she's very good in it... She loves decoupage!
Btw thanks for posting the photo of her box; mum will be really happy for it :)

Hope you're good. Hope to hear from you soon... Miss you fav norwegian girl! :)

Love you, take care!

david santos said...

Hi, Monson!
Your posting is very good and great. Brillant. Nice house. Excellent picturs and pretty colours.
I love it! Congratulations.
Good luck.
Have a nice day.

momiji said...

Looking at those pics felt somehow as if I visited your home. A very warm feeling for which I thank you. And the Matrioshka seemed quite content with her new home :)
Sorry for being so totally absent, dear - frankly, I did not even see the week go as well as I'm still wondering where did the weekend go. Really, it gets seriously scary.... I feel I have time for nothing and thus nothing happens... And I'm loosing the touch.
How are your head-aches, dear?
Thinking of you always,
Leila

NINANINA said...

love this post... makes me want to post my fave things. I finally have next week off so will do.
Fave things are intimate and special to only you only and you are special to me.
Hope everything is OK.... with school and your health.
My daughter starts med school in 4 mos and I am helping her find an apartment in Galveston shortly. That's the city where hurricane Ike hit. We will have to look far and wide but they re opened the hospital and medical school. Its About 70 miles from me.
Today I am off and re doing my kitchen floor. I have to sand it. Tyhen paint it brick red cos I am too poor to afford tile right now. Lotta work!
Ei- sorry I've been outta touch.. all I do is work, house repair and play scrabble on facebook. Things are good with the "roomie" and still seeing the young one. LOL although getting together with him is sporadic due to mutual bad work hours.
love ya. and thinking of yiu! NINA

Anonymous said...

Hello pretty lady it's Moxie!

How are you? Where are you?

Much love and big hugs

xxx

Nora Báez said...

Are beautiful all the details you have your house, Eilne. I love the show.
That mirror is wonderful!
Kisses from your friend, Nora