Monday, March 09, 2009

A little story

So, a few weeks ago someone sent something out of this country


so that it would reach someone in this country.





That was how the story started, at least for the thing that was sent... So then it travelled half around the globe. It was handled by many hands on the way, being tossed and thrown around. And arrived at its final destiantion in a wet and tired condition, poor thing!!

So today I went to pick up my post in my green mailbox. Here it is. It might just be the one with the humongous red arrow pointing at it. (I removed the last names and some first names of my neighbours’ boxes, and my own, for privacy...)



Anywhoooo... I opened the box, and in it was an orang-utan. Yeah, that’s right. But it was only a picture of one, on a card from Malaysia. Can you imagine!? Me? A card from exotic Malaysia!? I was so excited! I picked it up and placed it on the lid to take a picture of it.



Then I carried it in through this door


And sat down in this sofa to read it...


It was from Lynne, a fellow blogger and a friend. I kind of knew that, as I had participated in her Postcard/link exchange 2009. Read about it here. She told me that it was hot and humid there, and some other nice things. I am sure she had a great time there!!

And I do recommend Lynne’s blog(s). In “A Malaysian abroad” she, amongst others, looks at the differences and similarities between three countries to which she has a connection. Very interesting and funny! Check it out: A Malaysian abroad

The card was gorgeous. I love animals! I’d like to go to Malaysia and see all the beauty I am sure it holds. It is always so cool the see someone’s handwriting after knowing them “only” online for years. Seeing Lynne’s was no exception. I loved it. Such a cool handwriting, compared to mine. Yikes, mine is horrible. I have like ten different ways of writing a t. Bad.

In the end the card ended up on my fridge, like this.




So thanks Lynne dear, for the beautiful card! It was much appreciated!!

3 comments:

RoxieDot said...

Beautiful post! Hurray!

x

By Aline said...

Nice card, and great way of telling about it...

A Fitness Minute with Pat Anderson said...

I love your blog. It's fun to read and you sound adorable! I like the postcard exchange. Tell me more...
A fellow blogger,
Pat