Friday, June 11, 2010

Messy annoying loving mind

There are a lot of things going on in me at the moment. In my mind, but also in my heart and soul. I am looking for my place on this beautiful earth of ours. To be honest I can't find it!! Everything just feels broken right now. I don't want to get into it all, but I need to just NOT be like this anymore. I have been feeling more and more that Norway isn't the place for me. I feel drawn. Very much so. Drawn towards "better", more exciting places with nicer weather. I don't feel there's anything for me here. I'm not saying that by moving, for a little while, or for good, would make my life perfect, but I am positive it would be better, and that is all I ask. I have loathed winter since I was a kid, I don't like cold weather, and I don't like what the cold weather does to us here in the North.

There's not much I'd miss of my daily life, if I left. Really. If I could convince my family to move with me, I'd move in a jiffy and "never" look back. Many of my best friends don't live close by, and I only see them a few times a year anyway so, and they are all married (except one) and have kids, or kids on the way. Our lives are so different, and I find it harder and harder to relate to their lives. How can I, when I've never had what they have, and I am not sure I even want it. At least they can easier relate to my situation, as some years ago they were there themselves. But I think once you "un-single" yourself there's no way back. Immediately you are a couple, joined at the hips like Siamese twins, and when kids are added to that, the single friend and her/his life feels miles and miles away... I think that the fact of the matter is that we are somehow drifting away from each other. As little as I want that to be true, it just happens when our lives are so far apart. I guess it is just life taking its course... It's not that I don't love them and care about them, and they me, but it feels different, and it feels like drifting, I think... Hard to explain. It is always nice and good to meet up though, when we do.

I have written about it before, but it is Australia that is enticing me with its beauty, wilderness, active outdoorsy lifestyle, weather and vast land. I have always had a soft spot for Aus. Not to mention; I have a profession in need down there and could earn just as much, and yet pay half as much in tax, less rent/mortgage AND much much cheaper food. From what I have seen on several "cost of living" calculators and such, the food is generally more than half that of Norway, and sometimes a third. The three things I eat the most of are: fish, meat and vegetables, and they are the cheapest types of food there. Here they are the most expensive I think. In other words, I could save quite a substantial amount of money by living there. I have found the city/area to which I want to move. It is in South Australia and it is called Adelaide. I would like to live in an up and coming area called Port Adelaide I think. It is still quite cheap, as it isn't THE hippest place. But who cares about hip or not, as long as it isn't a really rough area. It's not like I am hip at all!! This is an aerial photo of Port Adelaide. LOVE all the water canals and the beach also...

















Bob is SO strong at the moment... Grrr... Another thing I want to get way from. I just want to cry, and the lump in my throat has grown all day. I am sad actually, and I feel really lonely for some reason. Thankfully it will go away, and I will be positive again. Since he obviously isn't going to be mine, I want to un-love him. Unfortunately moving to Aus won't help with that, as I can't sell or leave behind my thoughts. I wish I could. Bury them in the garden and never feel it again. Aaah, the peace. But perhaps the distance will help a little? A new life, a new country, a new house, city, people etc, could certainly take my mind off it all. There would be so many new things to get accustomed to that my mind would be filled with that instead.

I don't want to write any more; it's all so negative... Except about Aus; me like. <3

3 comments:

*lynne* said...

do it!!! :)

seriously.

I have quite a few people to visit in the Australia / New Zealand region, it would be great to add you to the list for whenever it is that I do head to that part of the world!

I've been to Aus once, for the tennis Aussie Open, back in 2004, spent time in Sydney and Melbourne... I wanna go back and see/experience Ayers Rock!!

Monsoon said...

Hi Lynne!

Yes, if nothing very special happens around here in the next two years I will apply for a "Skilled worker's VISA" as it is called. But I want, and kinda need to, work a couple of years here first. I mean, I haven't used my education yet, and I want to practise it a little bit in my own language before doing it in an English speaking country. Also, it costs to apply for the visa, and also for the English exam I have to take to prove I have sufficient English knowledge. And those kind of money I don't have. Also, I'd like to be a lot thinner before moving to somewhere quite warm! *lol* Oooh, I'd LOVE to meet you and have you stay with me if I ever do move, and you come to that part of the world! My home will always be open to you, both here in Norway and everywhere else...

momiji said...

I am so very much touched and full of emotions by reading this post, that I have difficulties to formulate clearly the words. I re-read this post about ten times already - and it's no joke. Oh so so many things I would like to tell you! I wish I could see you. But well, even if I can't, I can still call. I have to say so much to you.
Love
Leila
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx