I've been thinking about guys and relationships a lot lately. Seeing as almost every person I know is married with/without kids or in a relationship. It is not that unusual when you're going on 36, but then why does it feel so unattainable for me? It's just a feeling I have. It's telling me to just get used to the idea of pure singleness in the future and forever. Like the years to come don't hold anything good in that particular department store for me. I met the man of my dreams, yes, he is, 5,5 years ago. He is married though, and it will never happen. I used to call him Bob in this blog, and here I am at it again. Why can't my sad sad heart, soul, body and mind stop seeing, smelling, sensing and hearing him wherever I go? Why can't it just be over? I haven't even seen the damn guy in 4 years. I feel so fucking pathetic. But then I know that when it comes to love, no one is pathetic. We can't really help what the heart wants. Lord knows I've tried my best to push him and his lovely ways put of my body, but for some odd, and totally unexplainable reason, he sticks like bad chewing gum on a sweater. I have had better months and weeks when he wasn't AS apparent, but in the last two months he has resurfaced completely. One night I woke up five times during the night, and every time I had dreamt about him. When the morning came I was exhausted and just lied in bed silently crying because of the pain it gives me to "have to see him" in my dreams, when all I really want to do is to forget... but I can't forget, well, duh, obviously. And that bugs me. It is like a scene from the lovely film "Four wedding and a funeral", when Fiona says something similar to this to Charlie; It's you Charles, it's always been you, and for as long as I like you no one else stands a chance". Yeah, there it is. That is the awful truth. It does not help when people say things like; Oh you'll meet that special one when you least expect it, you'll get over him, you just have to stop thinking about him, he is married, get over it, he is too old for you anyways, he's a granddad for God's sake, I am sure you'll meet someone, there's someone out there for you, just be patient... Like I don't know this? I am not stupid, nor am I ignorant. But I know this; due to him I now know what true, strong and lasting love feel like inside. And I also know that love isn't something that magically goes away with the flick of a switch. I wish it did, but that it not how it works. And it is scary shit I'm telling you. It frightens me every day when I wake up, and his face is the first I see, as his face is all I won't get. Is frightens me that when I think, and dream, about possible future boyfriends all I see is him, because how will I find someone else when he so obviously holds everything inside me still!? Trust me, I have had other boyfriends, and I have always been able to shift them away eventually, so it's not like I haven't tried and succeeded before. I do know how to do it, but this time nothing seems to work. I think he has put a spell on me, just so that I will stay tortured for the remains of my life. *lol*
Nowadays I feel old tired and weary. I hope it will go away. I am not positive. I want to be though.
I know you are probably all sick of Bob, but what can I say? This is me, this is how I feel, and this is me sharing it.
Some words I threw together:
In there
In the weeping grass, that’s where I will be
In the eyes of a child, that’s where you will find me
Forever swept into your heart
In the songs you listen to, that’s where I will be
In the hidden secrets, that’s where you will find me
Perpetually entwined between the words they speak
The things they convey in sad lines of ink
In the shouting silence of
words not written, words not spoken, words not thought
That’s where I will be
5 comments:
hugggzzzz!! I too have been at the mercy of love that seems to have attached itself to an unattainable/wrong person... I do hope you find some peace, if not resolution, someday...
Hi Monsoon, I so know how you feel, I only married when I was 31 and had my lovely daughter when I was 39, I think I am one of the lucky ones though, because as you say most of your friends are married with kids or in a relationship, a lot of my friends are getting divorced and some after 18 years of marriage. On a daily basis I listen to my friends who are so unhappy in their marriages, and these are friends I look at and think "they are so perfect for one another" and look so happy and have the perfect marriage, well nobody knows what happens behind closed doors, unless they open up and tell you. In the last few years I could have become a marriage Councillor, two of my "friends" have walked out on their long term marriages and one was in tears to me on Wednesday. So sometimes you have to count yourself lucky that you are on your own and have not married the wrong person, sometimes we need to look at others misfortunes to realise just how lucky we really are. xxx
Lynne, Thanks honey! I hope so too. Good to hear that I am not alone. That you have been through similar stuff... :-) There is hope as of yet!
Rose; Yeah, I know that not everyone is happy in their marriages. And that being married isn't the only way to live. I have never really lusted after marriage. But always said that if anyone asked, that I love, I won't say no. But this particular love won't shift away. Hopefully one day it will though. I am glad to hear that you weren't like 23 when you had your first child. I have never wanted kids, but when my granda died I suddenly started to ponder upon it... So perhaps... But it's getting a little late, as I am going on 36 and my only love is married. Baaah! *lol* Hopeless I am!! I do count my blessings for NOT marrying the wrong one. I do. I am not one who will just "jump" into anything for fear of being alone, lonely, never have kids, live alone and/or dying alone. I'd rather be happy alone or miserable with someone who isn't THE one. Thanks for your wise words dear Rose!! :-)
I really really undestand you here, so much so that I am feeling it all through as if it were me. So I won't say any silly stuff about a future love that awaits you just around the corner. And I am not sick of Bob at all, by the way. Actually, I've been thinking about him lately and wanted to ask you. As to myself, considering what kind of relationship I am living through right now and all the pain it causes me (and my kids for that matter), i'm not really pro-relationship at the moment. I am well vaccinated against all the desires of any kind of relationship and do not believe too much in them anymore. So considering my situation and yours I am beginning to believe one writer who said: The most beautiful and perfect relashionship is the one that stays completely inatainable.
Old, tired and weary is exactly how I'm feeling since some time. So I can very well imagine your condition, dear. I wish I could do something to brighten up your spirits. In any case, I'm always there for you.
P.S. I just LOVED the poem. I saved it in my personal files. Do you have anything else you wrote?
Love
Leila
xxxxxxxxxxx
Momiji/Leila; Thank you for your words. And of course I understand you too, going through what you are going through doesn't exactly make you desire a relationship at all. I am not extremely preoccupied about being in a relationship either, not as such. I am really content about being on my own, and I love my own company (as silly and conceited as that might sound...) I am hoping that some time in the future I will find someone to share some time of my life with. I am not necessarily meaning "for the rest of my life", but for some time at least. And for me, right now, all such thoughts go directly to Bob. He is just everything... Thank you so much for liking my poem. Hahaha, yes I have probably 90 poems actually. But many in Norwegian, and around like 30 or something in English. Most of them about feelings, Bob and granda. I have no feeling about whether they are good or not. I don't care; I need to write and so I do! ;-)
Much love Leila xxx
Post a Comment