There is one thing about relationships that I do not miss; sleeping in the same bed as someone else. I am what you could call anti-social and anti-cuddly when I am about to sleep. I have never ever liked sleeping in the same bedroom as someone else. Can you imagine the school trips and alike? *chills* I am fussy, I hate other peoples sounds in bed; breathing, writhing, tossing, coughing, snoring, sneezing, blowing nose, and teeth grinding. However, there is more to add to the reasons of why I don't like sharing bedroom. I don't like other people:
• see me twist and turn like there's no tomorrow
• hearing me blow my nose, because there's just that little tiny "thing" in there I can't get out, and it annoys the flipping daylights out of me
• Snoring and gasping for air when I stop breathing in my sleep
• Sniffing nose spray like it's good for me...
• Hearing me talk in my sleep, and I do this A LOT! (just ask my ex, I even have my own language)
• seeing me smearing myself in with a gazillion creams, one of reach body part, (and it is imperative to me that this actually happens in bed; there's no other place it can be done!!)
• seeing me getting up time and time again to try to remove minuscule grains of sand that a normal eye couldn't see, even if their lives depended on it; however, my body feels it, and my eye can see it. (I am the real life Princess and the Pea)
• hearing me cough like I am trying to conjure a hairball the size of a melon
• seeing me clip my toenails in bed, and throw them on the floor to pick up the day after, only to forget... I am disgusting! :-) (I do remove them eventually!)
• hearing me talk to myself and day dreaming and fantasising before drifting into dreamville. And lots more.
So, I guess what I am trying to say is that I am not a smidge better myself. I might even be worse. I might even be a living horrendous nightmare to sleep beside. So, I guess I am admitting that I truly feel more sorry for the person who ends up next to me, rather than for myself... I hope that I more than make up for all these nightly terrors in other ways though ;-)
What I can't understand also, is those folks who actually have one big duvet/cover that they share in a tiny bed. Oh dear God, I am serious. How could this be a fact? If my ex brushed against me while sleeping I would first of all wake up, and if it happened before I fell asleep I would feel annoyed because it tickled me. She was the same, so we slept on a BIG bed and on each our own edge... I need my own duvet, as I like to curl it all around my body, around my toes and up with my face. I see in films and TV-series that couples fight over the duvet. Stop it! So silly. There's an easy and beautiful solution to your problem; buy two duvets!
I am very annoyed with blogger at the moment. ALL my comments, well as good as all, have disappeared from my blog. And this has happened for the year 2006, the year I got to know most of my great blog friends. I went back to find out the exact date for the start of my friendship with wonderful Laura, but no comment. Bugger! I am extremely vexed by it. I know I didn't delete anything!! And I was even planning on making my blog a book with comments and all, for me to enjoy in my 80-90s. Grrr...
So, 50 kilos lost. I am doing very well also. I am content! My project is still in its infancy, but very much alive. I hope to one day be the bearer of bloody brilliant news on that subject! I think I am getting more food in as well. Now I only need to really get off my arse to do more exercise. It's hard to get starting, but I have done some in the last week. I love taking walks in the out an about, so why don't I do it more? Good question. Hard answer.
I just need to clarify; I LOVE cuddling and all sorts of intimacy, just not when I am going to sleep. Just so you don't think I am scared of being touched... :-)
Smothering hugs - Monsoon
Sharing a couple of picture of two recent walks; one by the sea and one in the forest


5 comments:
Bueno, pareces realmente una mujer difícil para compartir una cama! Pero es tu elección y se respeta! Pobre de tu ex pareja! Lo que te ha tenido que padecer! :D
No te preocupes por los comentarios, a mí me sucedió igual cuando cambié la plantilla de blogger. Es más, los comentarios que había dejado en otros blogs también, pero luego y cuando se le da la gana a blogger los hace aparecer.
Me alegro por tu pérdida de peso ¡vas muy bien! ¡Felicitaciones!
¿Has eliminado tu MySpace? ¿O me has eliminado a mí? Espero sinceramente que sea la primera opción.
Preciosas las fotos!
Un beso.
Tu amiga, Nora
Hola Monsoon, pasando a saludarte despues de algun tiempo de ausencia involuntaria... Me gusta mucho tu narrativa, creo que casi todos tenemos nuestras manias a la hora de dormir. Espero seguir en contacto, me alegra que estes bien, besos.
Oh Blogger is so annoying! I'm sorry all our comments have disappeared! Luckily we haven't, and never will if you know what I mean my wonderful friend :)
Tons of love to you!
Beautiful beautiful photos! You live in such a beautiful place. It has been years since I saw the sea or the forest. I live surrounded by concrete. It can get depressing.
I laughed a lot reading this post:-) You can write with such a woderful sense of humour. I can understand you here, I prefer to sleep alone too, you feel more comfortable and relaxed really, and there is no one to get on your nerves. I could never share my bed, I hated it. But I did share it with my husband and it did not bother me. Can't explain why. Maybe because I was so much in love... Don't know:-)
I love when you post in your blog, dear? love reading you!
Lots of love
Leila
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Loved reading this post! Made me laugh out loud more than once. Need to update myself on what you've written these last couple of weeks now. Btw, thank you so much for your kind words and your prayers. They really helped. So strange to know he's gone now. Taken away too soon. Still can't quite believe it. But it was good to pay my last respects to him and say goodbye to him with the rest of the family. Requiescat in pace...
Anyway, keep on writing! I so enjoy reading your blog! :-D Huggies!
Post a Comment