Saturday, May 21, 2011

Here I go again

Call the BBC and CNN, for there she blogs again! So yes, perhaps it was time for a new entry. My God! It's been 3, 5 months without as much as a tiny sign from this place. What a tragedy! Haha!

I've been working as a social worker since February 1st, and it is going absolutely fabulous. I thrive there. Such a nice working environment; colleagues are fantastic and my work is also really, really enjoyable. According to my nearest leader I haven't done anything wrong yet, and she is very very happy with me (Those were her words, not mine). She also said that I was well structured, systematic, tidy and clever. So yes, all is well in Working-Ville. Yay for that!

My love life is a whole other story. But of course! It wouldn't be me if that department of my life wasn't in ruins and an entirely inept disaster. I've done it again; fallen for someone completely unattainable. That is SO 2005, if you ask me. I tire myself with these things, I really do. This person is one of the most fantastic persons I've ever met in my life. Needless to say; way older than me, but ooooh my gosh; attractive much!? Takes my breath away. Why can't my brain, mind and heart, NOT fall when the person in question is very married, and has been for years? I don't know. I am beginning to think there's something completely wrong with me, psychologically speaking. There ought to be a stop button inside of me, as to stop things like this from happening; that would surely help. Man! Give me a break. It is just like Bob all over again. Baaah... Anyway, maybe I like pain. Perhaps I am an unchangeable masochist and just not know it? ;-) Kidding! However, no wonder that I ponder upon the whole idea, when it happens for the second time. I mean, when I finally was able to fall for someone else than Bob, after six looooong years, it had to be a new married person? For feck's sake ! Though, mind you, being tragically in love enhances creativity, so I've written like three billion poems lately. Some of them quite good, some completely arse! But they're mine nevertheless, and they tell a story of who I was, and what I felt, in that moment.

On May 7th, we had a little miracle enter our family. My brother and sister-in-law had a baby boy called Emilian. It's the first baby in my family since my brother, who is 31, was little. It's just the two of us, and as you know; I haven't started propagating yet, and most likely won't ever. So Emilian is mum and dad's first grandchild. Huge thing for them. And for me as well; I've never been an aunt before. I can't stop looking at him. He was born 4 weeks early, and is quite tiny. The miracle of birth was especially welcome in my family at this point, as it was followed by another miracle. You see my mum almost died. She fought for her life, and was put in a coma for three weeks. The doctors seriously didn't think she'd make it, but then all of a sudden she turned for the better. So, from March up until recently, mum fighting for her life, is much the reason I wasn't able to write anything. I was entirely numb, and also utterly fatigued. However, things are better now, and I am finally finding myself feeling increasingly less stressed and weary.

Emilian and I




Weight wise; well I've lost 90 kilos, which is 198 lbs. It is a lot, and I am nearing the weight I want to be before surgeons will remove the apron of loose skin from my belly. Seriously, it looks and feels like a well-kneaded dough. Haha!

Well, that was a sign of life from this part of the world. Nothing much, but I hope my posts will be more frequent and also more interesting. Can't promise anything though.

Much love to you all

Monsoon

3 comments:

john bain said...

A very nice work appraisal and two miracles. Sounds good to me. Hope the love life picks up for you. Congratulations on the weight loss.

Yudith Valles de Perez said...

Monzon Hi, congratulations on this beautiful nephew! My best wishes to the health of your mother and I'm glad you're back! Besos

Jolele♥ said...

Heeii (:
My English is not good.
But i have read that you come from Norway!? I love Norway. I dont know but I think its an intresting land.
I love the language!

Jolele(: