My ex, Inger Marie had a baby on the 16th. An adorable girl called Vilja. It was so weird to see a picture of IM in bed with a tiny bundle of baby on her chest. Hmm… I am happy for her. At last she got what she always wanted (I didn't want kids you know...)
Since my last entry, I’ve been on-off very ill actually. I wasn’t at school at all last week. My exam is on October 8th, and about that I’ve come to a conclusion during the weekend. I was able, for he first time since school started, to really study this weekend. But, that led me to the horrible realization that there is not way in hell I will be able to read and learn the gazillion pages until October 8th. So I’ve decided to withdraw myself from that exam. I will of course take it, just not yet. It is embarrassing, shameful and disastrous, but I can’t expect more than that of myself right now. So there.
In Norway we have a classifieds service called finn.no, where you can buy and sell all sorts of knick-knacks, cars, houses etc etc. There are a lot of fun things to find in there. Especially in the real-estate department. People have pictures of their houses/flats, and some of them are so gruesome and tacky there seem to be no end to it. How can people live like this? I do not understand. Taste, pray, what is that? I am not saying that everyone’s houses should look the same, and be completely sterile, but let’s draw some fucking lines here. Here’s a few examples.
"Oscar, be sure to zoom in on the beeeeautiful curtains, they'll surely sell the house" - Mix'n match gone wrong

Yes, if I were to redecorate and paint my kitchen, this is definitely the colours I’d go for.

I guess these folks aren’t one of the 2.665.866.746.664. little devils in the world. I think this is a bit scary actually.

Evidently, this is the pine King’s house. Is that a cabinet in there? Chameleon

I am lost for words. Could there BE any more white thingys in here!?!

A fence in the middle of the kitchen, how… clever!?

“Oh Kevin-Michael, I am darn sure I could find a way to fit in just a few more turquoise things”

Not only do people want to sell us their ugly houses, some even want to sell us their underwear! I saw these knickers, for pregnant women, for sale.
This woman was selling her maternity clothes you see... I just have to bow down in utter disbelief and horror. What is the matter with these people? Heck, let us all tidy our underwear drawers and have a yard sale!
I’ve been playing a lot of Sims lately, and I now have all the expansion packs. It is so much fun. I feel so dumb for playing computer games at my age, but then, what is there to do when you are too ill to study, and do any other sensible thing. Nothing. I downloaded Sims/persons that other people have made, on so-called fansites. I got Drew Barrymore and Zac Effron. They both look sooo life-like. In my game they are married and just had a baby. *lol*
Otherwise, I am still a music freak, and right now my favourite song is without doubt Placebo feat. David Bowie, with “without you I am nothing”. The title speaks to me. Gee I wonder why!?
Well, must go now. I think I have a fever, again! Jaysis!
Monsoon ;-)
4 comments:
These are some tacky rooms! lol
I wonder how it is possible to live in such things!:)
You made me smile again, dear, and I am so thankful for your cheer - it is much needed here.
On the other hand, I am so worried about your health. Long time that you're ill and it looks like it is serious. Did you go to see a doctor? Do you take medicine? Please, take care of yourself - we have only one health and without it we can't do much in this life. I've been with the flu these past two weeks myself :(
Love always,
Leila
I hope you feel better soon honey, you have been sick for far too long and mama Moxie is worried *hugs*
Don't make me come over there and feed you home made chicken soup *grin*
I think you did a sensible thing regarding your exam. There is time enough to take it when you are on top form again.
Congrats to Ingar Marie on the birth of her baby. It really is a wonderful time.
I love the Sims too although I haven't played it in a while (I will when the belly starts to swell more though and I need more bed rest!) There is nothing wrong with us 'grown ups' playing games - it's us they really make them for!
I made some dodgy celeb Sims last year - the pics are on my blog, I'll try and find the link, all very funny stuff!
Love the tacky houses. Mine is just a pit at the mo - I need cleaning fairies and interior design elves to visit!
Much love as always
Moxie
xxx
Momiji dearest: I am so glad I made you smile :-) You do the same to me, always. Yes, it is horrendous the state of people's houses sometimes. I did see a doctor, it is A typical pneuomonia and some. Have taken penicillin for two weeks now, but still not quite well. Going to the doctor again tomorrow. Take care of yourself !!
Moxie: Hi dear mama Moxie, *lol* I am feeling somewhat better, but I am still not a 100 %. Sooo sick and tired of this, but hanging in there though.
It is very reassuring to me to hear that you too play the Sims 2, and that other grown-ups do too. I love the game. Cleaning fairy sounds great, can I have one too? I hate cleaning and tidying. Worst job in the universe. Argh!
Love to both - Eilen
good grief... it was a laugh to see the pix. the bathroom with all the trinkets and junk on the wall is a trip... most of this stuff is deplorably tacky ort intentionally ugly! .... but the bathroom is weird in a fun way. I wonder what people would think of my studio with the window shades I made from old credit cards strung together.
later girl
Post a Comment