Friday, September 28, 2007

Yes, I am already here!

I congratulate myself on two things today. Firstly because I am writing again today, and it has been only 4 days since my lat entry. Amazing. Secondly because I now FINALLY got my new name. I was at the registry office yesterday to complain about the insanely slow service. Turned out I knew more about the “law of names” in this country than the woman working with it every day. Jees, and she is the one who decides whether or not people can name their kids the name they desire. So when I went to pick up the post today I had gotten a letter from the registry office, and so my new first name is now EV (edited away by me on Oct. 29th). *cheerful, excited mad dance* I am actually very happy about this. I took this name because it means so much to me, and also to mark the new me, the new start of a life where I care about myself. A positive, and desperately needed, revolution happened inside of me after I met Bob, and somehow I am trying to still live by that revolution. It is hard, but I will triumph over it. I am sure of it.

At Uni this week, the days I was able to drag my ill body to school, were very interesting and hard. They were about sexual abuse, especially towards children. On Wednesday a 24 years old incest survivor told us her story. I had to dry off a good few ears… She had been abused from the age of 5-15 by her paternal grand dad. Every day for ten years. He got two years of prison, and sat 6 months. Sickening. An insult to a teenager’s life I say. It was very tough to listen to it, yet it is extremely imperative for us in our line of work. To be able to see the important signs in kids, and for various more reasons as well of course. I learned a lot!

I was at the doctor’s again today. She suspects that I have asthma. Nooo! I refuse to have asthma. Please God it isn’t. But it could just be a reaction on the pneumonia. Let us hope so. I am not up for a chronic disease right now. I got my medical certificate to give to Uni, so that me withdrawing from the exam won’t have any negative consequences. I must say, that after having a gazillion different doctors since I moved back here, most of them being thick and horrible, I now have gotten a very nice and understanding one. I am so pleased with that. She doesn’t look at me with that typical judgmental gaze. The last doctor I had was so thin I am actually quite sure her PJ’s had only one stripe… no room for more. She was very judgmental toward me, because I am fat. She didn’t see me, only the fat… prejudice!

I am now going to watch a DVD I got today; Inspector Frost… or “A touch of Frost” as it is called. I love that series…

EV, for the first time!
 

4 comments:

Martha-Anne said...

Congratulations!!!!!!! So happy for you!!

So long, farewell! said...

I think I sent my comment twice - apologies!

xx

So long, farewell! said...

Absolutely Honey!

May it be beautiful and blissful!

xxx

Ingaroo said...

That is one fabulous name! Suits you very well, then. *virtual hugs*