I had my exam in the subject “child welfare” last Wednesday, and I think it went all right. The law question was especially tricky and hard, but at least I don’t think I will fail it, which is the most important thing for me right now. There seems to never be enough time, enough strength, enough stamina, enough structure or enough of all the important things one needs to get a very good grade. So I have just lowered my standards… Or else I’ll just end up becoming disheartened every time a not-so-over-excellent grade comes along. So now; I am happy as long as it doesn’t say F. I am content with my decision. However; I must stress that a good grade is still something I secretly desire, but I just acknowledge my own lack of “all things” right now, that’s all.
Did I ever say that I have a tattoo? Well I do. I got it in 2001. My ex had three, and one day when she came home from work I surprised her with my impulse tattoo… Another friend of mine, Ingvild, and I sat on the balcony at home in Oslo, and in about two minutes decided to get tattoos. We got on the tram to town, and did it. She got a lovely feather, and I got this. Gee my arm looks awfully pale... *chills*
This is when it was brand new, the tattoo...

It is an Icelandic good luck symbol form pagan times. Bjørk, the artist has it too. That is not why I got it though. I saw it in a book years and years ago, and used to think that if I ever was to get a tattoo this would be it. It is not very big, and it is at the top of my arm.
I’ve been so many times at IKEA these last weeks, I am starting to feel that it is my second home. I went on a Sunday, but never again. Holy macaroni, it was suicide there last Sunday. I arrived at “the scene” 20 minutes before opening time, and still found only two parking spots. Can you imagine!! It was fucking desperate. I was so stressed out I managed to grab hold of the wrong item from a set, and bloody well had to back today to return and buy the item I first intended to buy. It was a bit better today. But that was because I went early on a weekday… still tons of people. IKEA must earn a lot of money. Wow.
It is Christmas soon. I am looking very much forward to it. I love Christmas, I really do. I’ve decorated my flat accordingly… looks nice. Can’t wait for the dinner. I only eat this once a year, and oh boy is it drool worthy. Then it is the Czech Cinderella film, which has been sent about a gazillion times. To me there’s no Christmas without it, and I cry every year… Sissy, eh!?
The best part of it all is that so many of my dear friends come home for Christmas. I am going to see Irene and Arne’s boy Herman for the first time. He is 3 months now. I can’t wait to see him! Then Agnete, Judit, Elise and Helene also come home. Yay! It’ll be fabulous to see them all.
It is 1 am now, so I think I need to go to bed. I was up way late yesterday, and got up early today to go to Clas Ohlson and IKEA. Plus I’ve worked hard doing all sorts of things today as well, at home that is.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
EV ;-)
5 comments:
I've always been tempted to get a tattoo, but the decision of 1.what design, and 2.where to put it! Plus the whole permanency (sp?) of it all... so I'll keep not getting one, but I'll admire everyone who has one :-)
I really like the design, and am going to read up on its significance/details at wiki (I assume they have something on it!) now :-)
I've got four tattoos, on my arms. Love tattoos. Yours is cool. I did not know this Nordic sign, but it did give me a wish to make another little tattoo :) For now it will have to wait though.
We're both very Christmas persons - it is cool. It is a true time of joy and I love it even if all the commercializing tries to spoil the Christmas spirit.
I love IKEA, and I am so sorry that I can't go there often, because we have only one here and it is far away out of Paris. We don't have a car so it is very complicated to get there. So I've been to IKEA only once :) It is huge and there are just SO many cool things!
Hooray for your exam! And I am most than happy to see that, although still stressed, you are not stressing completely out like before! It is a good thing to think about yourself :)
All my love and thanks again for that beautiful gift!
Leila
I'm glad you updated!! I've been waiting for it!! Love the tattoo! You should post pics of your decorated flat!!
Love the tat! Hubby is a huge fan of the lovely Bjork and knew exactly what design I was talking about when I mentioned it :o)
Glad you are all trimmed up - I love having fairy lights up and used to have them all year round as they made me feel twinkly in my heart. There is a HUGE stack of gifts under the tree for Miss Bliss too which looks hilarious - here's to a very merry Christmas.
love
Moxie
xxxx
God, I remember that LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG day when we got our tattoos! I even pierced my eyebrow to try and shorten the wait! And then we bought Pringles in the local corner shop. I was texting with my soon-to-be-girlfriend about what kind of a design I should have, and got that feathery thing because she liked that sort of thing. Stupid. Luckily, I liked it as well.
Am definitely getting a couple of new tattoos ASAP; been thinking about it for years and I just need to find a proper tattoo place here in London (which should be possible) and then scrape together the money for it.
Post a Comment