First of all:
CONGRATS to Rønnaug and her family on their beautiful girl, Karen, who was born on April 9th!!
CONGRATS to Moxie and her family on their gorgeous son; Casanova. He was born on April 11th!!
Bless them all!
Secondly:
Thanks guys for all your love and condolences regarding my granda. You are all enormously special to me, and I want to apologize for not being very active on your blogs lately. I hope you forgive me.
When I woke up this morning I said to myself; today you have two tasks. They are to clean this place and to write a blog entry. It’s been two weeks since my last one. So now I am sitting in front of my beloved (read computer) thinking of a beloved (read Bob), all whilst listening to Bargain, by The Who. Of course I chose to write first. I postpone the dreary stuff for later… But this time I actually look forward to the result; a sparkly and freshly smelling flat.
Two weeks since my granda died. The funeral was beautiful. We sat in the front row in church. When my tears started running, and I sniffled, I suddenly felt a hand in mine, it was my brother’s. He squeezed it, and we held hands all through the service. He is a gem! When the priest read my granda’s favourite psalm; oh boy did I cry! I nearly choked. The first week after the funeral was absolute torture, and I spent it in Crycity and Numbville. I am back now though, and I am glad I spent a lot of time with family.
This last week has been brutally stressing at work practise. Yikes! And oh my God,
I can’t believe that I only have 6 weeks left there. Time flies so fast right now that it isn’t funny anymore. It is going grand. I see a lot of terrible and heart breaking things. But I also see a lot of good work; people who care about the kids, and who tries to help these seemingly lost families.
Spring is here for real now. Last week we had beeeeutiful weather. The trees are starting to bloom, and I see green leaves when I look out my window. It is the most magnificent time of year, if you ask me. There’s life! At the same time spring also makes me feel a bit melancholic for some reason. Like I am remembered of all the things I should be, should do, should manage etc etc, and yet I am not. It is actually a bit sad… plus I still miss Bob. When is this going to end!? Luckily the pain isn’t as severe as it used to be, but the love, yes the love is still there. The deepest love I’ve ever felt for another human being. But I won’t “bore” you with more Bob stuff… Sometimes I just have to write a little bit about it all. Especially after a day like yesterday, where he was on my mind constantly.
But now I need some breakfast… And after that, I desperately need to organize this dump. *lol* it isn’t that bad, seriously, but nevertheless…
LOVE :-)
3 comments:
Good Luck in cleaning your place!!!
Mine got out of control for about a month and then we did a huge clean, and it's much easier to live now.
Thinking about you lots! Take care.
Hiya! Great to hear you're doing good, besides that little touch of melancholy. And great to hear that your granddad had such a poignant service. I'm sure it must have made quite the impression on everyone there.
Oh, and, err... sorry about that chainletter I sent you... I just sent it to you because I thought the message was quite nice, but after I'd sent it I had second thoughts, as I didn't know how you'd take it... Feel free to delete it if you wish.
Anyway, I bet your apartment is squeaky clean by now. Ugh. I've made similar plans for tomorrow. My neighbor cleaned the hallway, kitchen and toilet today, so now I've "only" got my room and "montones de ropa" to clean. AND exam prep. I repeat: Ugh.
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh!!! Blargh, even!!!
Anyway, take care! :-D
Daybooks and deranged Norwenglish accents,
Elise
Hello gorgeous.
I am so glad that the funeral was beautiful and that your brother was there for you - glad too that you can find comfort in the blossoming spring. Nature has amazing healing powers, doesn't it.
Sending big hugs to you - and for the Bob situation too. Glad it is getting better though. I had a 'Bob' - he was called 'Paul' and I even had a dream about him the other night. It has been years since I saw him (in life or in sleep) and whereas the dreams used to be every night and the pain would haunt me every day, now it rarely crosses my mind. So it does get better eventually hun!
Big kisses from all of us
xxx
Post a Comment