Yeah, can you imagine! Gosh!!
I have felt it in my fingers the last days… the restlessness, the longing, the urge to speak… My fingers wanted to run over the keyboard again. Jumping lightly form letter to letter, expressing themselves, so after making sure it wasn’t just a phase, I sat down in front of the computer today, to do what I haven’t done in almost two months; write a post for my soon 3 years running blog.
Hey! How are you all!? Hope you are all fine and dandy! Some of you beloved fellow bloggers have had contact privately with me too; Leila, Laura, Moxie, Martha-Anne, Nina, Nora, Lynne, well you know who you are, and you are all people I treasure! Thanks for being in my life, and for being there for me.
I have actually managed to turn 34 since I last wrote. That happened on August 2nd. Had no big celebration, didn't feel like it.
Then, I am ready to do some writing.I just read the newspaper and I was seriously gob smacked and thrilled to read about Bishop Tutu’s address to the Anglican Church. He thought they were obsessed with homosexuality and sexuality, and that that shifted their focus away from the real problems of this world. Sexuality is irrelevant and there are more important things to worry about; like fighting poverty. He was ashamed by his fellow Christians who’d rather discuss homosexuality than discussing the 30 000 people dying every day from hunger! Also he thought that these Christians go against the teachings of Jesus Christ in their treating of gays, as they did what he called “persecuting those that already are persecuted”. Such a good and true sentence! Kick those already lying down… Finally someone who matters has spoken the words I’ve been saying and thinking for a good while! I am overjoyed! And it served them judgemental ones right!!!
We do get a lot of American TV-shows in Norway. One thing stands out, after watching a lot of different shows over the years, and that is the "fact" that ALL American girls apparently dream of getting married from a very young age. They picture their man, the cake, the dress, the bridesmaids, how many guests, etc etc. and then when the day comes they get insane if things don’t go perfectly… Like one fecking day is more important than the marriage itself. What is this!?! I do not get it, not on any level. I think I never ever thought about those things, let alone what bloody cake I would have. Who cares, as long as it doesn’t taste crap, and looks like something your neighbour threw up… I know that this doesn’t account for all American women, but I swear; jaysis I’ve seen a lot of mad, in my opinion, women on TV. I remember seeing some couples who had saved tons of money for buying a house after they got married. But instead they used it all, hundreds of thousands of dollars, on the wedding. They spent it all on one measly day. What about the investments in the marriage itself? Do they really think that if the wedding is great, that that somehow automatically makes the rest of their relationship perfect as well!? Who are these people? I wonder if this is a typical American type of thing. What do you say fellow bloggers, is this the case in your respective countries as well!? I know it isn’t around here. One of my friends got married, and their wedding wasn’t expensive, (well, as inexpensive as a gathering of quite a few people can be), nevertheless it was without a doubt the best party/wedding I have ever attended! I enjoyed myself immensely. So it isn’t all about the money, it is about being able to put your own heart and soul into it, daring to be yourself, so that people can feel that when they arrive… I’d say it’s just like decorating your own house. If you do it just by looking at pictures in trendy magazines, you haven’t decorated according to your own soul and personality, and that will show… it will be felt too. It will feel colder, more uninviting, and unloved. If you rather look at what is modern, but still use yourself, and family if you have one, in the process, I think you will end up with a modern, inviting, personal and cosy home. My home is inspired by outwardly factors, to a certain extent, but mostly by what I feel inside when I picture and think about what I want to express and sensel in the different rooms. The result, I think, is a great place to spend time, where friends and family can feel at home. (I hope you don't think I am saying this to boast and be cocky, as it is not what I am trying to convey...) Some people even tell me this, every time they walk into my flat. That makes me happy. I want people to feel welcome in my home. And my point to this was that it is possible to achieve something fantastic and loved, without spending an entire fortune. My flat is made up by non-expensive furniture and decorations, so...
It feels good to write a little bit again, just had to say. I can’t promise posts several times a week like before though, as I have a horribly busy autumn ahead of me, with three big exams! First one on the 26th of this month.
I won’t elaborate on my insane lack of lust for writing. Let us just say it’s been a hard eight months, with work practice, Bob, weird people, eating, sobbing, no exercise, and self-hatred. I am not completely where I want to be yet, and I think it will be some time before that happens. I am however on my way to more positive thoughts and ways of living. I won’t tolerate complaining, as I have no fecking thing to complain about. Jaysis, I am lucky! I was awoken actually, from watching an episode of “extreme makeover, home edition”. Well, it doesn’t matter what the means are, as long as the awakening happens.
I will leave you now, play some Worms, and then do some studying…
I am back! Yay! *giggle*
EV ;-)
5 comments:
Thank God you are back! And your home is so welcoming and comfortable that it makes people talk...nothing beats that!
Woooo Hoooo! We missed you!
xxx
hey baby. I am at work.....taking a break....great you blogged... and good to see you on facebook too! Sorry I forgot your Bday. My computer is OUT, so hopefully I'll be back on line next week. Here I am at work ( a major hardware store) and a huge hurricane is heading our way from the gulf. iTS CRAZY at the store! Lucklily I am 60 miles from the coast but we may get 100 mph winds....we'll know more tomorrow. so think of me cowering in my bathroom with the dog and 2 cats. I have so many big trees around my house that there's no point boarding up my windows, no point. OH I did a small drawing of the little church. when I am back on line I will post it. SOON! Love NINA
Hi, I am so gladded I popped in, love the posts you have done especially this one about Marriage - the Irish woman here are so the same, but then again most Americans are from Irish descent, but YES everything is about the wedding, no less than 250 guests, the best hotel, the best church, they book their weddings 2 years in advance. There is a girl who worked with me, who is 26 has never had a boyfriend, and yet she already knows where she is getting married, where her reception will be what her dress looks like, cake, flowers etc. how many people - she even has a scrap book on it ... so sad! My man and I did the whole wedding ourselves, buffet dinner for 100 people, flowers everything ended up cosing us less then 2000 Euro and yes that was a long time ago 1995 but these days they spend a hundred times that amount!
Please keep blogging, love your posts!
Been married for 17 years and still don't have a diamond on my finger. TV Shows do anything to get you to watch. So some girls have big dreams of their wedding and others not so big. I would have loved to have had more than I did for my wedding a better dress more flowers and a photographer but funds don't always let you. I agree about the point making it about the marriage lasting. The divorce rate is so high here in America. Diamonds or no diamonds it's the love between two people that will last and go on forever. :)
Post a Comment