Oh Lordy, for some odd reason I searched for Cadbury sweets online. I wanted to see if I could buy Cadburys there, and guess what I COULD! I nearly choked with happiness. Not only did I find Cadbury’s crème egg (excuse me while I jump up and down in joy all whilst drooling like a fucking eejit) but I also found “turkish delight” (YUMMMMMMMY!!) and toffee bonbons covered in icing. These all remind me of living in Ireland you see, so this is quite a happy occasion for me... I placed an order for Turkish delight, as the crème eggs weren’t in. I can’t wait to stick my teeth into a rose “turkish delight”. It is sooo good, and darn impossible to find here. Ever since I saw “the lion the witch and the wardrobe”, for the first time, and watching Edmund eating the delights he got from the wicked witch, I have dreamt about trying it. And then when I lived in Ireland, Brendan, my “dad” there, bought some for me after being away on bird watching. I ate them in an almost holy state of mind... Yes, I am a bit strange...
Jaysis, yesterday the new government budget was presented. I am appalled at many things, but some were ok too. In Norway we have a custom toll rule that says we can’t import anything, except books, that is valued to more than £ 18.50 / 32.60 $, without having to pay 24 % tax and some other costs as well. I think this is a load of shite! And extremely vexing!!! When I order online, from say amazon.co.uk, I always have to make sure my orders don’t exceed that amount, or I will have to pay hefty for it! And I order online a lot! Now the government, who promised to raise this level of import toll on all merchandise if they were voted into government, have decided that one line of garment will become duty free. Guess what; knickers! Oh my, excuse me while I party to that decision... Is that supposed to make up for their lack of promise keeping!?! Duty free underwear me arse! Bollix to them! In addition, the price on soft drinks like coca cola is increased with a whopping 61 %. I mean, is that even legal!? Did I say I LOATHE a lot of the things this particular government has done... And by that not implying that I hate the parties “on call”. I intend not to be political in here, as I have my face on this blog, so that is all I want to say. Or actually, let’s mention one more thing; please God let Barack Obama become the next president of the USA! I will not embroider on what I think about the other one... Gives me the chills that one, as does the wise president. (Even more) There, I’ve expressed a tiny bit of political standpoint.
Exam of the 26th of September went kinda ok, or so I hope. The part about law went fine, but the second part not so much. I just hope and pray I won’t fail. Even an E will make me smile this time, and I am not joking you! (for those who don’t know, is the last grade on which you pass) I think by next Friday the result will be in, as it takes a while to correct 60 something students’ papers, as we write about 15-20 A4 pages each. Cross fingers!
My friend Helene and her husband Halvor got a little baby boy, Peder, on October 6th. Congratulations to them!!! So happy for you guys! Can’t wait to meet him.
I have to vent one thing... It has had me worried lately. It is my mum’s health. To tell a short story; my mum was born without both hip sockets, and with a limp. As an infant she got both new sockets put in, without any sort anaesthesia and was in plaster up to under her arms for most of her first 3 years. In addition she hardly ever saw her parents during that time. She has been maltreated by the health services a lot, and when she finally was heard in 1991 the orthopaedist was appalled when he saw her x-rays, and said; “you shouldn’t be able to walk, damn woman!” instead of resting/using her hips sockets to keep herself up, she had used her pelvic bone and other nearby bones... They were all almost worn down. Lately her health has become worse and worse, yet she keeps on trucking. Mum never gives up, despite having lived all her life with A LOT of pain. She is amazing, and the most selfless person ever and I love and admire her more than anyone. Then this week she suddenly got a horrible pain in her foot, on top of all other pain, and could hardly move. And of course that happens when they are supposed to go to Spain for two weeks on Saturday. She deserves two weeks of holiday and relaxation. Growing up I got used to her illness and disability, and I didn’t always notice it. She had better periods too, and she doesn’t really have a limp any more. But lately it’s become such a sorrow for me. It is like it is finally sinking in. I’ve always known, and wished there was something I could do... but yesterday I just cried for ages and ages, I screamed to God to give her some peace (pain free days like...) and I just felt so incredibly helpless, and SO IRATE! There is nothing I can do, except help her practically. But then my back is bad, and so it isn’t easy for me either. Oh it bloody sucks! After my surgery next year hopefully I will lose weight and be able to help her out more. Hasn’t she had enough by now?
EV
5 comments:
hva er det du sier???
Høres ikke bra ut med mamma!!!
Hils masse fra meg!
Ellers var der kjekt å lese blogg igjen!
Vi snakkes jeg ringer deg en dag
EvA
I love that scene with Edmond eating the turkish delight too!
What an incredible story about your mother. That's awful awful awful and even worse that their holidays were cancelled. :( Keep us posted on her pain.
Sending a prayer out for your mother...
so sorry to hear about your mother; will keep her in my thoughts and send positive vibes for her. and you!
huggzzz!
*lynne*
Friend of mine:
How much is your generosity and that is good to have a friend like you.
Proud to say: I am a friend of Eilen!
I will go to the blog of Laura to congratulate you personally, because I know
The effort that involves graduate, is postponing so many things with a single purpose,
reach the goal that we set.
And forward, I am waiting for the grading of my dear Eilen, it costs, But I have the impression that you must rely more on yourself.
Congratulations to your friend Helene and her husband Halvor, for the birth of her child Peder.
Will surely be well beautiful.
With respect to what your Mom, I run out of words, just hope it is the most livable his life.
And you, Eilen I can only tell you that I admire your fortitude and ask friends to life:
That the fight is tough, but if you do not fight it is not known if it retains all right?
I adore you with love and heart.
Always at your side, your friend Nora
-----------------------------------
Amiga mía:
Cuánta es tu generosidad y que bueno es tener una amiga como tú.
Enorgullece decir: ¡SOY AMIGA DE EILEN!
Iré al blog de Laura a felicitarla personalmente, porque yo sé
El esfuerzo que implica graduarse, es postergar tantas cosas, con un solo fin,
llegar a la meta que nos propusimos.
Y con ansias, estoy esperando la gradación de mi Eilen querida, que le cuesta,
Pero tengo la impresión que debes confiar más en ti.
Felicitaciones a tu amiga Helene y su esposo Halvor, por el nacimiento de su niño Peder.
Que seguramente será bien bello.
Con respecto a lo de tu mamá, me quedo sin palabras, sólo espero que sea lo más llevadera
su vida.
Y a ti, Eilen no puedo más que decirte que admiro tu fortaleza y pedirte que amigues con la vida:
Que es dura la lucha, pero si no se lucha no se sabe si se gana ¿sí?
Te adoro con el ama y el corazón.
Siempre a tu lado, tu amiga Nora
Post a Comment