First of all; Happy 59th Birthday daddy!
Well, it’s been a while, again. And not that there is anything extraordinary about that. It rather seems to be the common rule these days. Gosh, I wish I could blog like I did the first two years of blogging. I had so much to say and mean about things, and my fingers wouldn’t keep still, even for a minute. 2006 was the magic year. 314 posts. I am sure many of them were crappy, but who cares. At least I blogged... 2007 got 98 posts, and 2008 a sad 36. That is really insanely gloomy. Yikes. Let us hope 2009 will be a better year. The problem is that I think my posts are so boring, uninteresting, uninspiring and just plain yuk! However, perhaps if I just keep writing it will get better; my mind will once again be able to write funny and cool, or even great posts. Let us all join together in anticipation, eh!? Haha!
I am still feeling bloody great. I smile so much, and it still comes from within. Spring is definitely in the air. Grass getting greener, trees getting their leaves and the pink cherry blossomed tree in the garden is starting to bloom too. People are acting “more alive”. They are much more outside, and thus being more social with each other. Usually it is too cold to be outside for longer periods of time in Norway, like during fall and winter. I can’t say I am social with my neighbours. I won’t elaborate, but they are neither nowhere near my age, nor my interests. One of them though, is cute. He looks, and is, your typical nerdy type. I am allowed the odd gaze, aren’t I? I’ve talked to him a lot actually, and he seems like a nice guy. He is married, so there is nothing more there, just to clarify before you all start wanting me to get to know him better. I have no such interest in him, I just think it is nice that I find someone, besides Bob, kind of cute, you know!?
I have a confession to make. I beg of you to not judge me... Hehehe.... I love the Harry Potter series. Like seriously. I have seen those films so many times I don’t want to talk about it. Also the books. It is just the whole world of wizardry that fascinates me no end. And the way that that whole world is soooo thought through, like the way there is a Department of Mysteries for instance... I want to be a part of that world. I want to shop in Diagonal Alley, fly my broom stick, play Quidditch, do spells, have a stroll in Hogsmead and not to mention; go to school at Hogwarts. Oh how exciting!! I also adore the f act that there is room for so many weird, different and sometimes corny characters. Yes, I am 34 years of age, but this is the truth, the whole truth... I bet you are smiling and shaking your head in disbelief right about now. Because you can’t believe that a grown woman can be like this. I will tell you why. Because I love imagining, I love magic, I love dreaming, I love being in touch with the child in me, I love playing, I love pretending and I love the thought of a magical world. So as you can imagine, I am counting down to the sixth film. Weeeee!!!
So there you go.
I will leave you go now, and so lots of love and hugs to you!!

2 comments:
Just write honey! Write and write and write some more! Give yourself the right to right rubbish too - there's nothing in the rule book that says everything has to be inspiring, inspired and just about the most fantastic bit of prose in the world ever!
We all self censor and edit far too much when we should really free fall into the page and let our fingers fly.
I (we) love hearing from you, hearing about you and I certainly miss you when you are not around.
I have a friend who was in the Harry Potter films and another who taught the children on set so I was lucky enough to go to a premier of one of the films. They are so popular over here and when they first came out had two covers - a children's one and another for the grown ups so they could read them on the tube without feeling embarrassed. I don't know if they still do that as I don't think anyone cares!
Do you read Terry Pratchett and his Discworld books? If not I have a feeling you would love them. They were written pre- Harry Potter but have much the same attention to detail and are wonderful, magical, funny and enchanting! Now I'd love to live in that world! It's a riot and full of adventure!
xxx
Nothing wrong with the Harry Potter books, my dear! I've read and reread them over and over and over... my book I'm not writing at the moment is a dark fantasy involving a female protagonist based on me, or a version / different versions of me if things gone differently in my life, superimposed on a world much like ours now, but with portals to other worlds... I so need to get off my butt and WRITE that instead of blogging. :p
Post a Comment