Thursday, April 30, 2009

Last day of April

Last day of yet another month. Could time possibly fly any faster? I think not. I've started writing my Bachelor's assignment at least. So far I've 2500 words. And I sent it to my counsellor. She wrote back that it wasn’t difficult to see that I had complete control over what I was doing. So that was a nice compliment. At least then I know that what I’ve written so far is good. I really do want to get an excellent grade on this assignment, and I will literally be very upset if I don’t! It is the most important thing of all the exams and stuff. As you are in complete control of it yourself. I chose the subject and I chose the problem to be addressed. My thesis statement is this: "The significance of different views on humanity” In short I want to explore and show that it is of importance how we view other people. Especially as a social worker. It can have a profound influence on how we carry out a case, how we meet and greet someone who is “different” from us, how we might pre-judge people, and so on, and thus the outcome of a case. So be alert, be conscious about your views, don’t categorize, truly see the person in front of you, know your “weak spots”, and then you can do the best work...

Just wanted to show you guys how the mirror, I talked about in an earlier post, ended up looking on my wall.
I like it. Actually I love it. It makes me happy just looking at it, and every time I leave my PC-room I stop and look at the whole “display” of things I adore. It sounds materialistic perhaps, but they aren’t expensive designer things. Pretty, cute and creative things make me feel good inside. It really does. Can’t help it. This is another thing that I lately bought. After seeing it for the first time in 1995 I’ve wanted it ever since, but never found it. Then one day on E-bay... I say no more. The total cost of this huge picture and fame came to 200 Nok, which isn’t bad. (£20/$ 30) When it came up on the wall, tears ran down my cheeks. I am a sissy, yes I am. What bliss I felt then. I can sit for like 15 minutes and just look at it. It is so adorable! Does anyone recognise it?
And just to torment you even more with stuff form this place; I like a bit of humour in my everyday life, and so a sign on my laundry room door felt right. Isn’t the sign cute? *lol*
Next time I blog I will introduce you to the two sign on my bathroom door. Enough for today...

Have I told you that I love spring? How can I not? The weather is fantastic and the trees and grass are turning green. To sit in my kitchen and look at the view when I eat breakfast, what joy! Despite the fact that a beautiful birch is blocking the sea view where I sit, I can still see glimpses of the sea. Plus, the birch isn’t bad to look at either. Another thing I like, and which I know I will appreciate even more after surgery and weight loss, is the fact that people go outside more. Norway is a cold country, and so we are used to spending a lot of time inside our homes. But then in spring it changes. People just hang outside, doing little things and work around the house, and then they meet neighbours and talk to them. We actually become more sociable, more open, and happier even. It is all good. And not to mention; we become more wanton it seems. At least I do. (How I can be more wanton is beyond me, but nevertheless it is true!) A woman in her 30’s, combined with spring, it can’t be healthy! *lol*

Off to watch a film I think.

Be good or be naughty... ;-)

4 comments:

umbreveolhar said...

Gos de ler este Blog. É muito interessante.

Cumprimentos,

Carlos Alberto Borges

Anonymous said...

I love the mirror, I love the laundrette sign and I love the poster! But most of all I love the colour of the wall behind the mirror - beautiful!

I'm afraid to say I don't recognise the poster - is it from a film?

So glad the essay is off to a good start and so happy that you are enjoying the spring - it makes the soul soar doesn't it!

Here's to being wanton as often as possible!

love Moxie

xxx

A Fitness Minute with Pat Anderson said...

"It's good to be different and its important to respect others differences." A quote from Roxana Saberi, the journalist who has been sentenced to 8 years prison in Iran for "spying" for the U.S.

Kelly said...

As an adoptive mom of 2, a foster care provider, a bio mom of 5, and a soon to be adoptive mom of 2 special needs girls from Bulgaria... A social worker with a great view of the value of truly "seeing" other people and their needs will be nothing but an asset!

p.s..... I LOVE the mirror! Very pretty!