Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bachelor

Boy it is roasting here today. I am practically melting. Heat doesn’t do well with me, not now. Hopefully next year it will have improved at least some!

However, didn’t write to talk about the weather. I wanted to share with you that my Bachelor thesis is done. I sent it off to Uni on Thursday, and it was a fantastic feeling. I went home to my parents with a copy, and you know to just share they joy with someone. I ended crying a little in mum’s kitchen, just because of all the feelings, the frenzied, the stress that had built up, the living in a cocoon’s nest for several weeks, was over now. It was almost anti-climatic feeling too. My final thesis statement ended up like this: (though I must say that it is highly difficult to translate it properly. I can’t find the right word for one Norwegian word you see...)

"The significance of different views on man, and the importance of consciousness and reflection in the implementation of social work“

I honestly have to say that I feel content about it, and I don’t think I could have done it much better. I am proud of it, and also of what I’ve achieved. After three really hard and challenging years at University I am soon a certified social worker. There’s definitely been some trial and tribulations, but I have overcome them. As students we’ve been put on the spot, having to defend our views, both personally and professionally, in front of all the other students. I’ve dramatized pretend social work cases many times during class and had presentations in front of the whole class, and teachers. I’ve survived 6 months of the “pressure cooker” that is work practise, and I’ve managed to get good grades too. I have been scared stiff many a time, of all the challenging things we’ve done, but initially I has taught be loads. I have really been forced to come out of my, (newly made that is!!) shell and “comfort” zone, and it has been good for me.

Meanwhile I am really looking forward to getting “The Sims 3”. It will be released on June 4th, and I can hardly wait, like seriously. I’ve waited for years. I will probably die of anticipation while installing the game. Ha ha! It is all sooo exciting! I am like a child on Christmas Eve. I like that about myself actually; the ability to be a bit childlike and playful. I hope I never lose the lust for life that way, the lust to play and have fun that way. I don’t think I will cause I luuurve it...

Well, a tiny update, but must go now. Things to do.

Love to all!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I salute you, right honourable bachelorette!

Irony

Monsoon said...

Oh and I thank thee honourable masterette Irony! :-)

Anonymous said...

Or cand philolette, to be exact! or mistress

RoxieDot said...

I am so proud of you that I am weeping here honey. Well done doesn't cover it, but it is a good place to start.

You have worked so very hard and done such amazing work. I hope you can relax a little now and enjoy the feeling of completion.

I really am so very proud of you and what you have achieved.

As for Sims 3... I am excited too, lol. I am glad you have that lust for life and enthusiasm. May it NEVER dwindle!

Much love from us all xxx

A Fitness Minute with Pat Anderson said...

"You get credit for what you finish, not what you start." I've always liked this quote.
Congratulations!

*lynne* said...

Congratulations on the completion of the thesis, and the impending official attainment of your degree! I'm proud of you!! HUGGGZZZZ!!

Monsoon said...

Thanks my dears!! Thanks for the kindness and support. You know, you are fabulous. Love you all loads

Arsalan said...

Vary Nice Blog.
Good Work.

Yudith Valles de Perez said...

Moonson Hello, my congratulations on the end of your college career, I wish you much success in your career! You have an award on my blog. Kisses

momiji said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!
I am SO SO SO SO SO SO IMMENSLY happy for you, my dear!
Geez! You could have told me!!! *spanking Eilen*
I am infinitely proud of you, the smartest girl in the world!

P.S. I would love to call you if ever you have some time these days - I have many things to share. Tell me when is the best time

Oh, and I'm back to my poor blog lol

Anonymous said...

Where are you gorgeous lady? Hope you are okay... actually I hope you are better than okay! Moxie x