I thought I’d write a little update.
Yesterday I went to the hospital in which I will be having surgery later this year. My dear friend Karin was so insanely kind as to accompany me, and even drive me. She swapped days at work, so she could go with me, as moral support. I had to go because they were having an information meeting for around 20-25 people. All having the same surgery... The meeting went fine. We had info from our surgeon (there is only one surgeon who does this procedure there) the OR nurse, a food and nutritionist expert and a general nurse. I have to go 3 more times to that hospital for checkups and amongst them is a gastroscopy. I did one like 6 years ago, so I know how uncomfortable that is. But I’ll do anything at this stage; just give me the operation already! It was a long drive, which also included a ferry trip and two trips under the sea... Hehe, the trips under the sea were in fact taken via Subsea tunnels. We were 233 metres under at the bottom, and from there waited a steep climb!! Not easy getting around all these fjords and stuff in Norway. *lol*We left at 8 am, and came back around 8 pm. Phew! I was wrecked, my body ached from head to toe, but I was very glad that this part now is over. We had a fun trip all together. Had great laughs; I almost peed my knickers. Tjihi. Here are some photos from the trip, taken from inside the car, so they aren’t all great.
The first one shows the dodgy place we bought some food. Luuverly look, but the food was really tasty so...
Yesterday I went to the hospital in which I will be having surgery later this year. My dear friend Karin was so insanely kind as to accompany me, and even drive me. She swapped days at work, so she could go with me, as moral support. I had to go because they were having an information meeting for around 20-25 people. All having the same surgery... The meeting went fine. We had info from our surgeon (there is only one surgeon who does this procedure there) the OR nurse, a food and nutritionist expert and a general nurse. I have to go 3 more times to that hospital for checkups and amongst them is a gastroscopy. I did one like 6 years ago, so I know how uncomfortable that is. But I’ll do anything at this stage; just give me the operation already! It was a long drive, which also included a ferry trip and two trips under the sea... Hehe, the trips under the sea were in fact taken via Subsea tunnels. We were 233 metres under at the bottom, and from there waited a steep climb!! Not easy getting around all these fjords and stuff in Norway. *lol*We left at 8 am, and came back around 8 pm. Phew! I was wrecked, my body ached from head to toe, but I was very glad that this part now is over. We had a fun trip all together. Had great laughs; I almost peed my knickers. Tjihi. Here are some photos from the trip, taken from inside the car, so they aren’t all great.
The first one shows the dodgy place we bought some food. Luuverly look, but the food was really tasty so...
The weather is gorgeous at the moment, and it is still not dark outside, even though it is eleven. The odd shower, but mostly sunny and blue skies. I like it.
I am still giddy and bubbly and content, and that is a good thing. It is a really good thing actually. Man, it is good to be alive. I am also happy for some dear friends who are having terribly exciting things happening in their lives at the moment. I hope it all goes well.
I am not very inspired today, so excuse the little post. I just wanted to say hi. Hopefully a new post will come soon.
Love in heaps :-)
2 comments:
Love the photos, I have to visit!
I am so glad that the appointment went well - and that you had someone to go with you!
The journey sounds long - but beautiful. I love the photographs. Norway is stunning.
Have to go as baby yelling but much love Moxie xxx
Post a Comment