Thursday, October 08, 2009

TV

When I was born there was one TV channel in Norway; Nrk, and the next one didn't arrive until I was 18. And by that I mean the next non-cable/satellite channel. And unless you lived, mostly in or around Oslo, Nrk was your only source of TV until 1992. Except my housing estate; my dad and another Radio Amateur were sick of having just the one channel, and being gadget maniacs the two of them, they saw to it that our housing estate got satellite TV in 1986. What a revolution that was. I got to see Nino Firetto and some cute Scottish John-guy on Super Channel's music programmes. I adored them, and they were exotic no end! It was certainly a new world for me. I was a devout music lover from an early age, but had up until then only really heard music. Once a week there was namely this countdown radio show with all the great hits, called “Ti i skuddet”. Which translates basically into “ten top hits”... In the late 80s and early 90s cable and such were more normal. This all brought a ton of TV-series from USA and also Britain. I used to watch “Full house”, “Step by step” for instance. But I know a few friends who also LOVED “Press gang”. I just looked up some of the kids to see what they looked like as grown-ups. Since I had cable my room would be "full" of girls on Tuesday nights to watch "Beverly Hills 90210". We loved that too. They were around the same age as us too, so...

I've often wondered what happened to some of the actors, becaus some of them you just never saw again. I am now going to update myself, and you, on the child cast of Step by step and then Full House. I start with Step... But first I want to say sorry for the bad set up and alignment of the pictures. Blogger sucks at this at the moment...

Staci Keanan (born 1975) played Dana Foster. After the show ended she stopped acting for many years, but then started again.




Brandon Call (born 1976) played J.T (John Thomas) stopped acting altogether. Now works at a gas station that his family owns. He was shot in both arms but recovered fully. According to rumours he is married and has two daughters.



Angela Watson (born 1975) played Karen Foster, stopped acting, but had a small part in Junior Pilot in 2005. She started a non-profit organization CAST (Child Actors Supporting Themselves) to help out other child actors whose parents had squandered their earnings, as Watson's own parents did. So I guess this is what she works with now.






Christopher Castile (born 1980) played Mark Foster. He stopped acting after the show closed. He now teaches political science at Biola University in California. I can’t find any recent pictures, but according to one of his students he looks the same, only older than last time we saw him.




















Christine Lakin (born 1979) played Al (Alicia) Lambert has continued to act all through. She had bits on shows like "7th Heaven" and "3rd Rock from the Sun". She is looking good though; not so much Tomboy there now. She is actually (real life) best friends with Nicholle Tom, the eldest girl from “The Nanny”.









Josh Byrn (born 1984) played Brandon Lambert. He stopped acting. I found this picture of him now.




Sasha Mitchell (born 1967) played Cody Lambert. He has done some acting since, for instance on E.R. I remember we heard that he was a wife abuser, but apparantly those rumours weren't entirely true. According to IMDB.com, his arrests for spousal abuse stemmed from trying to protect his kids from their mother's abuse. He says that his wife was addicted to drugs throughout their marriage and that she abused the children physically, which caused him to intervene. He also claims that his wife then sold the spousal abuse stories to various tabloids. Today, Sasha has full custody of his four children, and his ex-wife is only allowed five supervised
visits with the children every year.
Jason Marsden played Rich Halke. He has continued in the business both as actor and director.



Emily Mae Young(born 1990) played Lilly. She appeared in two films after the show, but then nothing... Couldn't find a lot of info about her.





Then unto the kids of “Full House”.



Candace Cameron (Bure) played the eldest girl, D.J. (Donna Jo) Tanner. She married a NHL player back Valeri Bure in 1996, with whom she has three children. She is now a devout Christian of evangelical faith and endorses online Christian home-schooling academies. She has continued to act some.

In the part of Michelle Tanner we find the unknown Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen. I remember I thought for a long time that the girl playing Michelle bared the name Mary Kate Ashley... hehe... They are filthy rich and have built “an empire” working around their names. Well done. Who wouldn't work and milk it for what it's worth!?








Jodie Sweetin (born 1982) played Stephanie Tanner. She has continued acting, but has also sadly had trouble with drugs. She has struggled with addictions, such as with Crystal meth. She is currently sober, yay for her. I am happy she managed to get help and such.



Andrea Barber (born 1976) played DJ's friend Kimberly 'Kimmy' Louise Gibbler. She stopped acting after Full House and is now graduated in English Major and is married and has two children.


So yes, that were some of the ones I/we watched, all grown up. I must say, many of them look really well. And i never actually knew just how near many of them were to my own age.


Off to do history paper! All is well otherwise.

Monsoon :-)

1 comment:

Martha-Anne said...

Good post!! I love me some Full House!!!