Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Single white female seeking... Yes wha!?

In the last days I've been having a "Sex and the city" marathon. I borrowed the whole series on DVD from my sister in law. Somehow this is the first time I really get this series. Before, it was just an OK series, but now I actually adore it. It is a great show about true and lasting friendship between four quite different women, who despite their differences stick it out with each other. They're always trying their best at understanding each other. They love, fight, hate and argue, but make up. Needless to say, it is also about love, relationships and sex too. Which of course brought thoughts regarding my own apparent singleness. Do I like it or do I hate it? I think both. Sometimes I wish I had someone by my side to support me and stuff. And let's not forget; someone to have sex with! Man!! In that department single really sucks. Especially since I am not like the girls form "Sex and the city" who can have one night stands and more "loose/short-lived encounters". But then in the next minute I embrace the freedom that it is being single. No man clinging to the computer or watching 6 hours of sports every day, which makes me having to fight for some attention. Now I can do what I want, whenever I want. So why the fuck don't I do something exciting? I do the same things day in and day out. Eat, grocery shop, write, listen to music, sleep and spend some time with friends. Could it be less risky? I know I limit myself thoroughly because of the weight, but for goodness sake, this must stop! I will probably need some time. Another thing Sex and the city has brought me is the lust for a fag (cigarette). I quit cold turkey 6 years ago, and I haven't had one tiny taste of it since then, except the odd inhalation of smoke when someone standing close to me is smoking... I have to keep it that way, or I will definitely start for real again. I became addicted to smoke immediately when I started. I went from 0 to 10 in day. Smart move!

I have been insanely restless today. Like within myself, not outwards, the way I wrote about in my last post. I think things are changing, and it is scary. I am changing. My wants and hopes for the future changes. And, in all fairness, it can be a lot to deal with. I am not dark or anything, just a tad confused and weird.

Well, that's all. Just a tiny post. The snow is finally gone, and I have lost 32,5 kilos. 

Much love xxx

7 comments:

*lynne* said...

Hang in there!

Congrats on the weight loss! I hope you're focusing on what you've achieved and being happy, rather than looking to where you have yet to get and being anxious.

The snow's been gone for a few weeks now, and the temperatures are slowly reaching the 60sF (~16C) during the day, so yay it's warming up! Soon it'll be time for me to hunt down someone to play tennis with in this new town.

I'm on the down side of the spectrum myself, actually - despite focused attention on almost daily working out / exercise, the scale hasn't budged. I need to address deeply-seated issues about my self-sabotage and why it happens, and continues to happen. Sigh.

My heart goes out to you, as always... take care of yourself, and stay positive, k? And I'll try to take my own advice :p

Hugggzz!
*lynne*

By Aline said...

I still have to wacht this serie... and I do own alle the dvd's... I just do not know if I want to see it... ;)

Monsoon said...

Lynne: I am trying my best to look at the good side of a slower weight loss. It is just a bit hard sometimes. Wow, you play tennis? Cool! And congrats on working out so much. Your body is probably very glad you're doing it. I know all about not loosing a pound. Believe me, the whole duration of 2007 was like that for me. In the end I caved and applied for this surgery in Jan 2008. It felt like a last resort, as I am morbidly obese. I do hope the weight will be good to you and start doing what you want it to do!! In my thoughts, and thanks for being there and for being so good to me.

Aline: I recommend it. It is funny as well as addressing serious issues and stuff. So put on your first episode and enjoy!

Love xxx

Rozi from Jozi said...

Wow, Congratulations on all the weight loss, and don't start smoking again it really messes up your metabolism, I gave up after smoking for 23 years and have had endless problems, so much that I wondered why I gave up, but I am now starting to see the benefits and it has paid off. Sex & The City is such a cool show, wait until you are in your 40's and watching "Cougar Town" although I can't really relate because she is a single mom, I see a lot of my friends in there and it is so funny!!! Keep it up and I love your new blog look!.

Irony said...

My dear;finally you love the show as well! In my opinion it is more about friendship than sex.

Monsoon said...

Rose: Thank you so much! :-) No, I won't start smoking, yet. But when I am a really old and bitter cat woman, I will. I love it, and I can't help it. Yeah it is a great show, undoubtedly! I was just playing around with some stuff and decided that after 4,5 years with the same layout and colours, it was time with for a new style.

Irene: Yeah, it was about time wasn't it!? And I totally agree; it is much more about friendship than anything else, even sex. I love their open chats about the subject though. It is refreshing.

Much love to both xxx

Nora Báez said...

How beautiful you are, Eilen dear!
I watch the series Sex and the city and the fact is that arouses desire to do everything in an instant.
I smoke and a lot! Friend, do not know how sorry I am because I really do enough damage.
I tried many times to quit, but not enough will.
I love you as a friend and I am glad your beautiful green eyes increasingly seen bigger! Two real emeralds!
Kisses for you!