Just a little update I guess. In the 6 weeks since my last post I've lost another 10 kilos (22 lbs), and so in total 42,5 kilos and 93,5 lbs. I am going to do something I've never done before. I am going to show the horrible truth of my "fattest" face. I warn you; I do look shockingly horrible. Honestly I look like a pig, because where are my eyes!?! *chills* Plus how fucking miserable do I look?! So I will show you three pictures of myself. The two first ones are from my 30th year in 2004. I weighed 6 kilos
less than when I peaked at an even higher level of "fatness" in 2009. Strangely enough I don't have any photos of when I was at my fattest ever, like I said, in 2009. Oh I wonder why! I am, needless to say, still obese, but at least I am much better. I guess even you can see the difference. Yes, the age has crept upon me as well, but hey, it's a long way from 30 to soon 36, so be nice! :-) The third one is of me two days ago. A very honest picture of me somehow, with my red skin under my eyebrows, with eczema in them. Yum! (not!) This is me on a typical day wearing no make-up except mascara from the day before...



I feel my life is a bit pre-occupied by this whole journey. Eating still takes up a lot of my days. How weird does that sound? I am sure I do have many things to say and to write about, it's just that they don't surface... So I am blank. I hope it will get better.
I hope also that this post finds you all well and dandy!
Much love xxx <3>
15 comments:
I feel for ya, and salute you for posting the pix! Babe you look great, I'm glad you're on the journey to a smaller/lighter/healthier you.
I'm sure you're getting lots of advice and all on what to eat, exercise and such.. let me just add that my little experiment last month of eating raw/lightly processed food during the week coupled with exercise helped me feel good and I actually lost some weight (something I kinda gave up on happening), so once I'm back in the US I'll be hopping back on that bandwagon and see where it takes me :)
Sending you hugs and good vibes!!
*lynne*
(p/s: my 'a malaysian abroad' blog is no longer with today.com... replace 'today' with 'blogspot' in the URL and there's its new home)
i just love you so much <3
Lynne: Thanks so much! I am glad too! Thanks also for the advice. However, the diet after a gastric bypass is, for most people, a little more complex than for "normal-stomached-people"... Raw food like raw vegetables is something I can't eat. My intestines can't handle it really well, and to be a little discreet about it; GAS!!!! *lol* You see I don't have a stomach pouch that digest anything, so all that is the bigger intestine's job now. I do eat food that haven't been processed much, like brown rice, whole grains, and fresh meat and fish. I don't buy "ready-made" stuff to put in the microwave. It is not nutritious enough, and I really need my vitamins. Glad you were able to lose some weight. Especially if you had given up on the whole thing. I don't think it looks like you really need to, that's a whole other story though. :-) I will change my links.
Much love Lynne, xxx
Laura: Aaawh, I love you too, a lot! xxx
LoL @ gas ... yeah the hubs and I are totally fine about letting 'em rip within earshot, but sometimes we totally smoke outselves out :p
Yeah, gas! *lol* I even smoke myself out if I eat stuff my large intestine can't handle. Yeah, my ex and I used to be quite "laxed" about that whole thing too. I mean, how anyone can live together and be hysterical about such things, is beyond me. How non-relaxing must that be on a scale from one to ten!?!
I have lost also 10 kilos this year... my total weight had gone over 137 kilos... so it was time to do something about the weight...
I still have a long way to go (I want to loose another 40 kilo)... but it is great to see that you have lost so many... and you look very great... :)
Aline: Congrats! You're really great for doing it yourself. I could always lose some, but then I just gained it again in an instant. I even dropped 34 kilos once, but gained that and more too. Depressing much!?! My weight was a staggering 170! I am now 127,4. Yay. So apparently you and I are the same weight almost... Good luck to you, you look fab! :-)
You look beautiful.
Thank you for posting the pictures, your bravery made me weep. I'm so proud of you for taking the future into your hands and making the changes you felt you needed. Too many people refuse to step up and acknowledge their accountability when it comes to life issues. In doing so they miss out on so much but you... you have taken that leap and how it has paid off.
I'm so full of love that it actually hurts!
Amazing woman you!
xxx
RoxieDot: Thank you sweetie!! And your message made me weep... Your words warmed me so much. You are an amazing person. You make me feel so loved as a friend, and that says a lot, since we never met face to face. You make me strong! Love you loads, and I hope to be there for you a bit more soon... I am, and have been, a bit in my own little world in the last 5 months really. Always know that you mean a lot to me no matter what. You and your kids are always in my thoughts and in my daily life, as I do speak about you to my parents and friends. xxx
First of all, I love the new design on your blog. Love the colours and the freshness. It's very very nice and lovely. I noticed a long time ago that you have a wonderful taste and you are a naturally good designer.
Now... About the pics. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! And I mean WOW!!!!!!!
This is some change. I love looking at you, I love seeing this change. I don't care about the make up or any such thing - you look GREAT. And what beautiful eyes you have! I noticed those eyes a long time ago now.
I think that your life is, as you say, a lot preoccupied with the journey beucause it is really a major, huge thing that is happening. It is no small change, it is a whole new life and it is perfectly normal that for now it takes most of you thoughts and preoccupations.
Anyway, I am so happy all this is happening to you, even if you feel it is all hard and destabilizing, unnerving and freaky - it is still wonderful.
Love you with all my heart
Leila
Leila/Momiji: Thank you. Yeah, after over 4 years with the same design I thought it was time with something new and fresh. Glad you liked it as well. :-)
Thanks, again, for your kind compliments. Yo are making me blush. I am so happy that others can see the change as well. It feels nice to finally dare to share this with you guys. Haha, I usually don't wear any more make-up than mascara, so that is basically how I look every day. I am not a big fan of powders and foundations to cover up my face. So there you go. ;-)
I love you too, sooo much Leila! <3
I got back to my blog! Yeah! :D
Love you!!!
You look simply beautiful, my friend!
Continue striving for your effort and much better!
I'm at peace because I come with joy to hear from you and visit with sincere affection.
Although I be the only person I do not answer the comments.
You'll know why.
Anyway, you know how much I want you!
Kisses argentines, for you dear Eilen!
Nora, muchas gracias amiga querida. :-) Quizás puedes escribas en Español aqui, porque yo necesito aprender más español, y también porque el traductor no traduce en un moda correcta. Y por eso algunas de las palabras, y frases, que has escrito son incomprensible, desafortunadamente... Besos xxx
You are looking stunning! Like half the person you used to be.
Post a Comment