So it's been a while, hasn't it?! I am a bad blogger. I have been thinking about giving it up all together. I feel I don't have anything to say really. It is just all about me, and my not so exciting life. There's nothing fun, extraordinary or anything like that happening here. Everything is like it has "always" been, the only change is that I seemed to have lost my ability to be funny in any sort of way. Sad isn't it?! Anywhoooo... Over two months since my last entry, and since I am writing this I guess I made it through the surgery of January 5th. There were a complications during surgery due to my small intestine. It wasn't stretchable or movable at all. They operated for 3,5 hours, and it usually takes just 1 hour. The surgeon was deadly worried, and kept calling the ward all night from his home to hear how I was doing. Luckily I was all right. My throat has NEVER been drier mind you. It was drier than the Sahara desert, I am telling you. It was difficult to breathe! It was the worst thing about it. NO liquid for over two days for me, because I had to wait to do x-rays. Due to the complications. When I finally could drink I nearly cried. I can assure you water is my chosen drink these days. I LOVE it. Never underestimate what pain can do to change you... Some of you might want to hear if I have lost weight. Yes, I have. In total 30 kilos. ( 66,1 lbs) Which includes the tome after surgery and the diet I went on prior to the surgery. Since I came home, which is 9 weeks tomorrow, the weight have shed at a very slow phase, I think. I have lost around 11 kilos in those 9 weeks. Not a whole lot when I constantly read about post gastric bypass patients who lose 47 kilos in 12 weeks. I have felt very sad about it at times, plus stressed and frustrated too. Now though, I have decided to not give a fuck. Apparently this is the phase my body wants to lose weight, and so I have accepted it. I do everything I should, and I weigh and write down all food I eat. I follow the program 100 %, and so there isn't anything else I can do really. I take one kilo at a time, and set tiny goals. 200 grams more lost and I have met the next one. Yay.
I am extremely restless at the moment. Not within the flat and so, but outwards, like out of this country. I am constantly thinking about emigrating to another country. I know I can use my education as a social worker in other countries too, it is after all a Bachelor's degree. I just hate snow, and we've had snow now for three months straight. Tons of it, and with freezing temperatures too. I want a more mild climate, where an outdoorsy lifestyle is easier. Where people spend more time outside, socialising and such things, like on a normal basis. The best thing would be if I met someone who shared my dreams of emigrating. It would be easier with someone else there. I am not scared of doing things alone, but with making such a huge life decision it would be cool to have someone secure to turn to if things feel bad from time to time. You know what I mean!? Maybe I should go out of my way to find a friend/boy/girlfriend who wants to move. Yes. I have one friend who emigrated to the UK, London, like 4-5 years ago, and she does not regret. (from what I have understood at least) I have two countries I am considering, one English speaking and one Spanish... It certainly would be easier with the English speaking one, as I am somewhat fluent.
Here's some pictures of the hated snow. Some days made it impossible to drive! Argh!






4 comments:
I love the last photo... it looks so great... and I hope Spring will come very soon... ;)
Eilen dear:
You have operated before leaving a message without meaning.
With regard to your blog, I mean that almost all bloggers the same happens to us, where a good time.
I myself have closed my blog on two occasions, which coincided with difficult times in my life.
Sometimes you feel you must download their own anger that something or someone.
Please do not compare your weight loss with other people, yes?
All bodies work differently.
I suppose that doctors talked to you about this before surgery, truth?
I fully understand your anxiety, but quiet please. And you continue with the medical slogans, that all will give good results.
Furthermore, I agree with you with the climate. That does not cooperate with you to go out to walk, to move...
Make longed so this surgery, Eilen dear, now it's time to arm himself with patience.
I know you only want to live in a european country, but I want you to know that my house is completely at your disposal. Count on it whenever you want.
I leave you millions of kisses...And see if you write me, yes?
PS the photos with the Sun are stunning!!!!
Hi Eilen, I am totally with you about the weather, this is our 10th winter in Ireland and it seems to have been the longest, it just goes on and on and on, and that is why we booked the trip to Sicily as well. Although I must say that the past few weeks have been beautiful and sunny, albeit freezing cold. Read all about your operation, hang in there everything takes time. Chat soon!
Post a Comment