Hoist the flag, call the BBC and CNN, hold the front page; for I have blogged twice in ONE week!!! I actually surpass myself here. :-)
The sun is out, yet it's awfully cold for the end of June. It surely doesn't look like we're getting any nice and warm weather. I'll survive, but I feel sorry for the many Norwegians having worked as crazy for a year, looking forward to a vacation with warm, inspiring and "battery-charging" weather, and then it doesn't happen...
I so envy my friend Irene and her family. They are on vacation in England now. It sounded like such a terrific and enjoyable vacation. I am, like stated before, quite a big Anglophile, and yet I've never really been there. I've been to the United Kingdom, as I've been in Northern-Ireland, but that's it. If we don't count the airports in London, and we don't. Well at least I've trod on English soil. Seriously, I MUST go there very soon. It's only a short flight for me, so. Plus I have a great Norwegian friend who has emigrated to England (London), and also one dear blogfriend in Scotland as well. Lots to see, lots to do! And, yesterday I took a test on facebook that asked "What is your Euro-persona?", and mine said British, so then it must be true; me and Britain go together really well. ;-)
I've thrown a lot of useless baggy clothes today, really cleaning out my closet. (If they weren't literally falling apart, I would have given them to the Salvation army for them to sell, but they are brittle...) They look like tents when I put them on now. Make me look fatter than I am, and I don't want that now! It felt almost cathartic to throw them out. Good riddance, bygones, and never again! Just had to share this photo. Even my clothes have been on a diet, apparently. *lol*
When I laid them down beside each other I could see the difference. The green one was found crumpled in the dresser, so excuse the creased look. Also this one was quite tight when I was at my biggest, and I had to sit in a "yoga position" with the t-shirt like on this picture,
to widen it so that it wouldn't look like a bathing suit on me. (yes, that IS me... I'm acting really silly, I guess it was because I was only just out of bed... I have an inclination to be a bit peculiar, jocular and mad first thing in the morning) The blue one fits just perfectly now. Not too wide nor too tight. Can't wait for that to be too big as well.
Still feeling upbeat and content, and I intend for things to stay that way for a while.
Now I am going to tidy while I listen to music and sing out loudly!
3 comments:
Firstly, I am terribly terribly glad that you are well and in good mood. That is the best news.
The blue t-shirt is very nice, I love that shade of blue most of all other blues. And yes, DEFFINETLY the difference in size! I am so glad for you, dear! I can imagine how good and relieved you feel.
I love English speaking countries too, so much so that I have no idea how I came to live in France! lol And good new for us: this summer we will go to London for about ten days! Yeah! I've been there once three years ago and I LOVED it! We all did. So we are going back and we are looking so much forward to that trip. Especially that we haven't left Paris for three years and it would make a nice little change for us.
As to the weather, believe it or not but I envy you right now. We have +36 Celcius here and it is SO hot! The air is heavy, there is no wind, the sun is heating so much that we can't touch our windows - they are so hot. The sun and hot weather are good when one is at sea or in the country somewhere, but in the city, amongst buildings and thousands of cars it is just unbearable. Even the night time does not bring any relief, and we sleep very badly.
Anyway, I hope the good mood and singing will prevail!
Lots of love
Leila
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Yeah, strange isn't it, that you ended up in France then. I guess it was meant to be like that...
Ouch, 36 degrees does sound quite hot in the midst of a big city. I remember that from being in New York in 1999, when we had 45 degrees and 85-90 % humidity, now that's fucking close to pure steam. So no, I don't envy you that particular thing. I like the weather we have now, as when it is warm it always gets very humid here too. Like you r tick to everything... It is a very damp and most air we have here, and we are VERY close to the sea. Like one minute...
That is great news that you're going to London. I am so so happy for you all! I hope you'll have a most wonderful time there. I remember seeing a few photos of your last trip there actually.
Much love xxx
One minute from the sea! Oh wow! That is like a dream to me!
Post a Comment