There are so many nice things happening for my friends this year. Janne bought a new home, my brother Tor Egil and his long-time girlfriend Cecilie moved in together, Judit and Helene got married in June, and Irene is having a baby in September. In addition my ex girlfriend Inger Marie got married on July 7th with her partner Vanja. I am actually very happy for IM and Vanja. It feels so good to say it, and to know that it is true; to not be jealous like. (Why would I? I love someone else) Inger Marie is also having a baby in September. Changes, all these changes they are going through. Must be thrilling and a bit scary too. I couldn’t be happier for all my friends, and I truly mean that. To possess the quality to be able to be joyful on behalf of other people is something I highly regard, both in others and in myself. Nevertheless, my own singleness creeps very much upon me in these loving times. I need someone in my life too. (Bob being that person, still, *sigh*) Pray it will happen to me too in the future. My mum always says this: it will turn out great in the end, for nice girls. Perhaps I am not as nice I thought, eh?! Must ponder upon my own nice-ness… *lol*
I miss Eva, she is on holiday further north in Norway. She is visiting her younger sister Grete Natalie, and her husband Bjørn, in Trondheim. I hope she is enjoying herself, and judging by the text messages I’ve received, she is. Eva and I are celebrating our 30th anniversary this summer, as friends. Yea! Congrats to us. Wow, to have known someone for so long, and still be such great friends, it is quite amazing. She is like a sister to me.
Well guess what. As you all know I have never ever wanted kids… At 16, I read a series of books that included a name that captivated me from the first moment I saw it. I always said that if I had a kid I should name her that. (yeah I know it is weird to think that when you don’t want kids, but I’ve always been pre-occupied by names and their origins) I love that name so much, and it means a lot to me somehow. Since I won’t have a girl to name that, I have to bring with me the name by taking it myself. I asked my parents permission, and they said; fine by us. So if the government approves my application, my future first/given name will be XX. X being the new name of course. I hope they approve it, if not I will complain. X is not a very common name in Norway, only 30 women have it. X is not very common either, 175 has it. This is probably a bit odd thing to do. But then; I am odd in some ways.
I watched “Pride and Prejudice” this weekend. The BBC series of course, starring Colin – oh so gorgeous – Firth and Jennifer Ehle. If you are one of those who haven’t seen it; DO!!!
It is such a classic tale. Made me cry, made me laugh out loud. It is sheer brilliancy if you ask me. It is so subtle in dealing with the concept of love, which makes it ensnaring and stimulating. And the way they talk; "...I don't think I ever saw a place more happily situated.." - Lizzy talking about Mr Darcy's estate Pemberley. It is based on the novel, first written by Jane Austen between 1796 and 1797, and published in 1813. The opening line is as follows; It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife." Go read, and then watch the BBC series.
I have had some good days this last week. Irene and her husband Arne are home for the holiday, and so was Judit. Janne invited us three girls to her new flat on Friday, and we had a great time. It was one of the few days that we have seen the sun and blue sky for a while. She served strawberries with ice cream. Yum. Here are some photos:
My God I need a haircut!! And how silly it looks to hold up my glass like that... Ahh!

Judit


Janne laughing

Irene looking excited

Monsoon :-)
BOB BOB BOB actually
No comments:
Post a Comment