Sunday, September 05, 2010

Semi-Demi

Weird mind in the last days. I shall not elaborate, because I think most people won't' be able to understand my peculiarity... Plus, how difficult is it not to try to explain intuition, gut feelings, and alike, in writing. Very hard indeed. Suffice to say; I feel something is going to occur or change...

So, I've been what you can call totally inept as to feeling good about myself, in most ways. I have felt really not attractive and stuff. Even as I have lost weight, I have found bad things to say about myself. I've just been blinded by the negatives, such as increased levels of lines and wrinkles, loose skin etc etc, instead of focusing on the positives. I have vouched to try to stop it. Why should I be my own biggest enemy? It is super duper silly. My first step is huge really. It is to love my own face straight out of the shower; red eyes and all. (My eyes are always red and sore after a shower, as is my skin...) So, as the blog title says; I am doing a Semi-Demi and posting a picture of my face right after a shower. Absolutely NO make-up. Yes, I am quite blond around the eyes, aren't I?! I call it a semi-Demi because Demi Moore posted pictures of herself, taken by her, in her bathroom, with little clothing on her... And as I was only wearing underwear too, but only showing my face; hence the semi part. :-)


It's period time. But I am not going to complain. I love that I get it, every month, almost on the day. Love it, because due to my obesity I was without for nearly 10 years. I could only produce one with the help of hormonal pills. So, yes, I welcome it, as then I know things are working as they should. What a blessing that is! However, when this is nearing I always feel incredibly emotional. It says a lot when I cried watching Jessica Simpson's "The Price of Beauty". OK, it was touching when she helped a Vietnamese lady, but still... You just get so much more sensitive, don't you? Heck, even the sex drive changes during it all. It is boosted! Mine is at least. Also, me, and many other women I've talked to, get super sensitive vaginas, especially during the period itself. So, your sex drive is through the roof, your vagina is ready to make you come like in a second, and yet, most women don't feel up to it, because of the obvious obstacle of what having your period means... It's almost criminally unfair! One of life's ironies. But, have you also noticed that you feel more powerful as a woman just before, and during, your period. I feel like I could conquer the world or something.

One of my facebook friends had written something I found insanely funny today. She is apparently holidaying in Turkey and sun bathing is obviously a big part of it. This is what she wrote: "You know you're badly sunburned when a little girl at the beach shouts to her mum; "Muuum, that red girl scares me!"

I'll go now. A short post is better than no post, right!?

Much love xxx

3 comments:

Garnetrose said...

LOL...I love what your friend wrote. That is so cute. I like the way you think about getting your period. What good does it do to complain about it? Too many other things to worry about in life and it does no good to worry about the things you cannot control.

momiji said...

I hate my period, really. Mind, I do not complain because it's better to have it than not to have it. As you said, it means that things work as they should and that is reasuring of course. But no pleasure in it to me though. This is the time I feel more away from sex than I can ever get. About one week before it starts I get swolen. It looks like my face and my extremities put on about 5 kilos more. I have to wash my hair every day too, because it gets quite greasy quite quickly during this period. I also get acne and all kinds of imperfections on my skin which is like going back to teenage hateful times and it is digusting, at least to me. I HATE skin problems! Than, when it comes, I get really cranky. I grouch all the time and everything gets on my nerves. Besides, the period really hurts my belly and my back, so most of the time I am swollowing pills and grouching. So as you can see, I am far away from feeling sexy or horny, or still more far away from moving mountains. I am always more than happy when it's over and I can become myself again. To me period time is like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hide time.

I love this photo of yours. Really, my dear, if THAT'S how you look when you get out of the shower, you're really lucky. You should see my face with red spots all over it! lol
Your skin has an ivory colour, very nice! I like the form of your eyebrows too, it becomes you a lot. And then your eyes! Ah, eyes like this make people write poems! :) And the green of the towel is somehow reflected in the blue of your eyes which gives it a kind of clear turquoise shade. Awesome!
Love you, dear!
Leila

Monsoon said...

Garnetrose: Yeah, it was too funny! I agree. Usually we spend way too much time thinking about things beyond our control. What is the point really.

Momiji: Dearest! I can guarantee you that I too feel a lot of the things you do when the period is nearing. I am so so mad, and snap at even myself! I just basically loathe the world. When out driving I verbally abuse every other driver and curse them to burn in hell, and a little more like that... I don't get much of the acne, but then I never had problems with that. I hardly ever had spots, even as an hormonal raging teen. But, I too am bloated, gain weight etc. I still love getting though. Haha. I didn't before, but like I said; being without had me rethink the whole idea. Yes, that is definitely how I look without any make-up. I would never lie about that. There would be no reason, and it would totally spoil the object of posting the picture. I am far far far from perfect, but then who the fuck is? No one. I shall learn to love and appreciate the face I have, after all it's for life! ;-) Thanks for your, as always, way too kind words. You really are sweet with words and compliments. It means a lot to hear them from you, because I trust you that you actually mean them too... so that makes them extra special, if you know what I mean. I NEVER give out compliments if I don't mean them either... Love you xxx