Apparently I am an incredibly emotional person. I guess all my life has been spent eating myself out of those said feelings, not daring to grasp what they were telling me. Eating them away was my way of subduing myself. Self-medicating on sweets, ice-cream and crisps. Lovely. When I look back I can hardly remember the time when I didn't do this. I know that I didn't do it, properly, until I was around like 19, but a lighter version started already at 16. That is 20 years of trying to be something I am not. Trying to be tough, happy on the outside, taking care of everyone else's needs and letting myself go, because why should I matter? When I met Bob, a lot of those negative thoughts and low self-worth vanished into thin air. At least the process was revolutionary started then... It was like I finally saw myself for who I really am, who I was meant to be. I understood that I was worth being loved, even by me. One time Bob and I were talking in his office. He was trying to pay me a compliment, and I was being my usual negative me. He was bragging about me too. Yet, I just couldn't receive it, and just left. But then, after about 2 hours I thought to myself, heck, why shouldn't I take that compliment. I went back to his office and told him so. He looked at me with the strongest gaze I have ever felt, (I am telling you, my heart was palpitating like mad) and almost strictly, and yet loving and tenderly and said with strength, while slamming his hand so hard on his desk; "Yes, "Monsoon", accept the compliment, God knows
you're worth it!!" I nearly died. I stared at him, couldn't speak, the moment was frozen, and my tears just started running down my cheeks, and I had to get out of there. I have never seen a person mean something SO badly before, nor have I ever felt more loved than in that very moment. And more importantly; for the first time I let myself be truly loved and feel worthy of it. That incident sticks with me, as well you can imagine.
Anyway, as I was saying, eating my through life I was. However, as I can't, and won't, do that now, I tend to cry a lot. I think it was about time I paid attention to it all, because gosh, could I BE more intuitive!? I feel so much, and strongly, about so many things, places, relationships, etc, it's just thoughts and gut feelings as long as the eye can "see". So, I have decided to try to understand where it's coming from and what to do with it all. It's going to be a long, gnarly and never-ending journey, but I think it is worth it. It's part of who I am. And as another part of trying to love and appreciate myself, and to be true to who I am, this is just another element of it.
I want to share this poem/song/whatever/scribbly-doodle with you
I don't want to, any moreHow long is this going to be?
This state of mind, this pain and grief
How did it start, yes; how? how?
On a winter morning, when I first saw you
A revolution, I will never forget
I see you, my heart crumbles
I long for you, I need you,
But I don't want to love you any more
How ardently I adore you
Your passion, all that is you, always,
When you are around, I see you
No escaping the intensity in those brown eyes
Such a revolution, every time
I see you, my heart crumbles
I long for you, I need you,
But I don't want to love you any more
How your presence strengthens me
and yet also shatters me
Your words make me wiser, I want to learn
How you give me nothing and yet everything
There is no reality,
there is no you and me
How one look can suffice, and create certainty
Through you, I see life
No words needed, I understand anyway
How can I go on searching for it?
When you have showed me perfection
I see you, my heart crumbles
I long for you, I need you
But I don't want to love you any more
That's all I had to say today. Hope this post finds you all well and dandy.
Love and light - Monsoon -
4 comments:
me too, I have a sweet tooth. I lost 25 lbs in the last year....its was mostly cos of a medication change and TREADMILLING! love that thing... once i get on! its hard to get motivated. What is sad, is that I lost the weight and still have high BP and high chol. its in the genes. So if you have normal BP and chol at age 50, consider yourself lucky!
Are you feeling better? How much wt did you lose? Very proud of you!!! I hope you meet someone as captivating as Bob... or someone you can just be wonderful companions with!
Ps are you done with school? what kind of jobs are you looking for??
Love, NINA
"Glad" to here I'm not alone. Well done with the treadmill and the weight loss!! I am trying to exercise too, but due to body pains it is hard at times really. But, I am not giving up. :-)
I am the only patient they ever operated on, this way, that didn't have high BP, cholesterol, diabetes or almost diabetic etc. We don't have that in the family, so I guess it is not in my genes. We die of cancer in my family...
I have lost 59 kilos, which is 130 lbs. I have a lot to loose still, but it's fine. I'll get there.
Yeah, I got my Bachelor Degree in social work in June of 2009. I then waited for surgery and then it was postponed. So I took a 6 month history class while waiting. After the surgery I was too fat to be able to work really, because of all the pain in the body. Now however, I am doing much better, and feel ready to work. Can't wait! Even though it is scary too. As a social worker here here are tons of places to work, due to the social democratic welfare state that we have... We, social workers, are everywhere within that system. I am just looking for anything really, just to get started. I am a fresh social worker, so can't expect the dream job right away. I am not fuzzy!
Love you! xxx
I've been totally slacking on blogging *and* reading others' posts, but had to drop by and give you < < < HUGS > > > for this post. Accepting compliments is tough, isn't it? I too tend to "pshaw" and dismiss compliments I get: a lot of it has to do with low sense of self-worth no thanks to my childhood. I've improved a lot, but still... I do try to just say "Thank you" and stop there, rather than continue with "... but , ... < insert something to totally marginalise compliment just received >."
Congrats on the weight loss (in another post you said your BMI went down like 30points: that is fantastic!! feeling so happy for you!!), I hope you continue to feel more comfortable (and happy!) with who you are, so that there is no need to hide behind food. I'm still struggling with that. ugh. :P
Take care my dear!
*lynne*
I could accept some compliments, but not all sorts. Now I reciece them all, thankfully! But "Bob" taught me a lot about self-worth, and he built it up again. I have so much to be grateful for, towards him. Wow how he woke me up!
Yeah, do try to receive it my dear!! Why shouldn't you deserve it? You arw worth it, because we all are, all humans. You are such a terrific person, and you just have to believe so yourself too. I know the road is long, but you will get there. If I can, so can you! After the almost rapes and all, I was at the lowest I could ever go, and basically wanted to die and had no self-worth or anything. Had noe value as a human being, but now I see my own value. I can even see that I can look a bit pretty every onece in a while! Shock!
Thanks! I am proud for the weight loss. I am even prouder for the change within, which is the force that keeps me going and knowing I am worth every healthy choice I make. I am also sure you will be able to stop eating to comfort yourself. Once the worth is in place, the rest will follow. Because then you know that you're WORTH it. Much luck dearest Lynne!
Love xxxx
Post a Comment