Saturday, February 23, 2008

Stuffed animals

First; thanks for all your kind words in my last post. Gotta love you!

There’s one thing I’ve noticed over the past months, and that is the widely spread usage of stuffed animals in cars. Be it a dog, a lion, a tiger or rabbit. People, for some odd reason, put these toys in their cars by the rear window. Why, so that they can have a view out!? What the feck is up with that? To what purpose does that serve? “Oh in case of emergency, at least I’ll have some stuffed animal to cuddle up with…” This I do not get, not on any bloody level. Who thought of this concept? How did it spread? I fear it is a plague that won’t diminish. But in my humble opinion the last thing I need, when out driving, is a pair of huge fake eyes staring me in the face! It is a bit scary in fact… yesterday I had to stare at a HUGE German sheepdog for 25 minutes. I swear; at some stage his eyes actually moved. *chills*

For those of you have read my blog for some time you might remember I’ve talked about Vegar before. He is a young fella, at the age of 22. Very hot, kind, funny and quite mature for his age. Plus brown gorgeous eyes. I am a sucker for brown eyes. Oh yes! Well, I had him over yesterday evening, for some drinks and fun. We had a rrrreeeeaaaallly great evening!! ;-)

I’ve been trying to practice my Spanish lately too, and today I ordered two books for the continuation of my learning. It is called Mundos Nuevos 2. One book is for reading and the other is for grammar and exercises. Can’t wait to get hold of it!
It is so exciting and intriguing, Spanish that is. I totally adore English too, needless to say. But even though there are words I don’t know, and I clearly make mistakes, I feel that I know the English language quite well, and to such an extent it isn’t much of a challenge anymore. Spanish really is though. Plus, I don’t think I can ever tire from learning new languages. I simply love words. In fact I’d go as far as saying I have a fetish. Well put-together sentences almost turn me on. Wordaholic. There, I said it. I know I have one person amongst my friends that is a fellow word lover. You know who you are Angel of 86. *lol* Your English is fabulous and amazing!!! We used to, for instance, speak English, German, Spanish, Norwegian and perhaps a bit of Swedish in one sentence. Darn that was fun!

Well, I think this is enough. I’ll try to write before next weekend. I am so bad! In more ways than I want to elaborate… *lol*

Huggies and nappies 

- I am, unbelievable as it might sound, having an upbeat day - 

EV

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see stuffed animals in cars here too. Although they are small. I have no idea why they're there. Guess it is a kind of fashion of the moment. At one time it were stickers (quite dumb sometimes), now it is stuffed animals. They will move on to something else later.

I am glad to hear you had a good time yesterday. You do need it!

Spanish is what my daughter will start in school next year. I have no clue to it, never learned it, so I guess I'll be learning it with her.

Love,
Leila

david santos said...

Hello, Monsson!
Excellent posting! I love animales.
Good luck and have a good day.

Pedro Pablo Pachón said...

Hola: Saludos desde Colombia. Me gusta tu blog.

Pedro Pablo Pachón said...

Hola: Tu español está muy bien.

Todos los poemas son creados por mí.

Un abrazo.

Vans said...

Hi Monsoon,

I used to have a stuffed Gorilla in my car, but he sat on my dashboard looking in, not staring at the drivers behind me. And I only had one. I've passed cars that have had, literally, a whole back window full of stuffed animals. So many, in fact, I wonder how the driver saw out at all.

I'm so glad you and Vegar had a good time. You deserve all the fun and happiness.

I give you a lot of credit for learning a new language. I just can't be bothered, it's very hard. And the only thing I would even want to learn would be Japanese.

Talk to you soo!
xoxoxo
Vans

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha! XD This blog post really made me laugh! Gee, I wonder who you were referring to... Man, it's fun forming such sentences. It's just like "Ich have comido lapskaus at somewhere around fem." XD "And now it is completely BØYD!!!" (cf. "The Julekalender")

Liiiiiiiiiiiberooooooooooooooo!
Elise