I am, by this post, breaking an almost 3 year old blogging habit. Which one you ask? Well, the one where I don't blog any more than 6 entries in one month. The last time I blogged more than that in a month, was in October 2007! Yikes. I have apparently had mostly around 2-3 entries in these last three years. That's bad that is! I am glad I am at least trying to get into it all again, even though my blog still feels a long way from what I had hoped and planned it would be. You can't control it though, can you really. I mean, you have to write about what's in your heart and mind, and so clearly what's in there in me, are mostly boring and non-fun stuff... Let us hope it will change, and in the meantime; I apologize for all the painstakingly dullness that is yet to come. I was at my dear friend Rønnaug's place this Thursday, and we had such a fecking great evening together. We talked about men, and "the old times", but most importantly, we talked about music. We have always had quite similar taste, and we have also always been able to influence and teach each other with newly discovered music. I guess you can say I "gave" her U2, and she "gave" me The Who. We listened to The Who, Kent and Mike Oldfield. We really dug the music with arms and all. I love that. It felt so good and cathartic. We have experienced four fab concerts together; two U2, one Alanis Morissette and one The Who. Good stuff. Also; Roger Waters is coming to Oslo in April next year, performing the legendary "The Wall". Tickets go on sale Monday, and guess who's going? Rønnaug and I, and also another friend of mine who lives in Oslo; Mette. Rønnaug and I will stay at a hotel or something, and make a weekend of it. Blast, I do hope I will be able to score tickets!! They usually sell out in minutes. Fingers crossed. It will be a once in a lifetime opportunity for sure. I mean, just how many years has it been since The Wall was played live!? I think 20 years.
Had my car in for what is called "EU-service", which basically means that some EU standard has to be filled, to be able to drive your car around this place. I guess it's good for safety, but still... annoying. Of course mine didn't get the go-ahead, so have to get it fixed asap. Isn't it funny the way Norway is imposed to follow all the laws and regulations of EU, and we aren't even a full member. OK, so we're a part of it, somehow, due to the EEA, but still... We're not a member, and yet we have all the negative sides of it, and "no" benefits. My point is this; we might as bloody well be a full member, the way things are going... In our last referendum, which was in 1994, I had no doubts and voted no to be a member. These days I am not so sure... Hard one to really foresee the consequences of a full membership, isn't it. I like the idea of being one country, alone, and not some united European nation... I wonder when the next referendum will come.
The partial sea view from my balcony and kitchen window. Just imagine how much sea I would see if all those spruces, on the horizon, weren't blocking my view... You can kind of glimpse the sea behind them. I want them down!

I will leave you go today with a great quote from Mark Twain:
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover
Lovey dovey - Monsoon
2 comments:
I blogged today too... That's a beautiful view you have from your house.... I bet that seas sparkles!!!
Yes car inspection is just annoying... we have to do it once a year, and if you don't have a sticker on your car, a cop can stop you and give you a fine!!! they are more lenient with older models...
I am trying to blog most sundays :) see you on F B!
I just love the view you have! So beautiful! I never thanked you for those photos you sent me of the place where you live, but I often think about it, especially when I see all the stone and greayness around where I live. I love your town, it is such a beauty! To be able to look out of your window and see such views every day... It's really like a dream to me.
OMG, The Wall concert is for May the 30th for France, Roger Waters is coming to Paris and I am DEFINITELY going!!! So cool you will see it too! I can't believe, this is so huge an event!
Love you, dear!
Leila
Post a Comment