Saturday, August 28, 2010

One bad one good

Do you know what scares the shite out of me? Industry. Factories. Automatic machinery. The sounds, the machinery, the millions of blinking lights, alarms going off, large and heavy machines moving seemingly uncontrolled... Yikes! SO scary! I could never ever spend time in such a place, let alone work there. I really can't understand that anyone dares to work at such a place. Think of all the accidents waiting to happen. If one guy forgets one tiny thing, or a screw is a little loose, people can plummet do their deaths. I even feel scared watching such industry and factories on TV. Now, that's bad! Haha. I have a similar fright for HUGE bulldozers, cranes, planes, ships, and like the anchors of huge ships, how scary are they? And the humongous pumps/machinery on such huge ships... It must be a living nightmare. Like, if you have seen the film "Titanic" (I guess most of you have...) you might remember that Rose and Jack run through the engine room? When I see that, it is more scary than the whole bloody sinking... To me a perfect horror film would be filled with insanely large electric, oily, pumps, cranes and machines. Dear God! So I guess I really am scared of abnormally large things? Hmmm... Weird really, isn't!? So, here follows a few examples:

 






Now, over to men... Since 1996, around the time I watched the first episode in which Sgt. Brady entered the character list on "A touch of Frost", I have been super weak for the man who plays him; James McKenna. I think he is insanely hot. The other day I sat watching an episode, as I have many of the series on DVD, when suddenly it occurred to me why I find him so darn attractive... He looks A LOT like Bob. You know... the man never forgotten and all that. Especially "live", probably because they have the same body language and facial expressions. I can't understand I haven't made that connection before. Like from when I first started liking Bob in January 2005... Anyway, now it's almost painful to see him in the series. Bugger! Why can't I meet someone who looks quite like that, who is fucking single for a change!?!? *dreaming* My type is seemingly like this; much older than me, and also looks a little older than they are, grey hair, brown eyes, and they seem to have some odd crooked mouth thing going and, and then top that with a great infectious smile, and I am sold. Most women don't fancy these men. My friends usually shudder when I show them pictures of the guys I fancy... Haha! They aren't "pretty" or universally handsome, but to me they are hot. Diversity is a good thing in taste, huh? 

Fright and hot guys, now that's all for today folks! I am off to watch another "Frost" episode, and will surely be drooling all through it... ;-)

Monsoon 

3 comments:

momiji said...

This is insane - i LOVE Frost! But untill today I was quite alone in my choice, no one from my entourage fancy this series, I don't know why. Anyway, I am sooo glad you share that with me too! This is just so cool, isn't it? :)
What you said about McKenna reminding you of Bob, happened to me several times. I look at the person that I am seeing for the first time in my life and I think: I am just SURE that I've seen this guy somewhere else. And then I'd spend hours wracking my brain trying to remember, which is useless actually because this is really the first time I see him. And then it hits me: actually he just reminds me stunningly of another guy. Expressions, body language - everything, so much so that I am sure I've seen this person before :) It's eerie:)
Now I know your taste in men, from all your posts and photos you shared, but I can't really understand what is shocking about it. I know what you like in all these guys - it's the undoubting charisma. And that is so sexy in a man :)
Love you!
Leila

momiji said...

P.S. Oh, those machines are monstrous lol I have never seen machines as huge as these ones. Especially the one on the second photo from the bottom. Man, it looks like one of those creatures from a Sci-Fi movie!

Monsoon said...

That IS cool!! I have LOVED it since I first saw it in 1993 I think it was. I am a huge fan of British crime, always was, even since childhood. Sadly though, Sgt. Brady (swoon) didn't enter before 1996. And even more sadly; his part is way too small... I think he is a great actor. It is actually freaky just how much alike Bob and he is!!

Of course I don't see the "problems" with the men I like, but I guarantee you; usually hardly any other woman would find them attractive. Except Colin Firth and Bono... Yes, charisma is vital! No doubt!