One thing really annoys me with this country; the lack of good organic food. Come on! The district in which I live in is the most important agricultural area in Norway, and yet the range of local produce and especially organic food is frighteningly bad. And what you find is so expensive only really rich people can afford to buy it on a regular basis. It's the same with food low in fat too. BBQ sausages with ordinary levels of fat cost around 35 NOK, for 20 sausages, while 10 low fat BBQ sausages cost 58 NOK. Why? "Oh, we remove some fat, and therefore we must triple the price?!" It's like this; the government are worried about the increase in overweight and obese people in this country, especially in children and teens, and yet; healthy things like vegetables, fruit, organic and also low fat products are more than double the price. In the case of the sausages it is tripled. How can low income families afford this, which under the circumstances only can be described as extravaganza? They can't. A store bought readymade pizza, or other readymade dishes are cheap choices, and so of course this is the type of food they buy. They have the choice; buy healthy and then be short on food and other necessities. Or, buy rather unhealthy and have enough for food and more. What would you do? I'd go for the readymade, even though it would kill me to know that my kids had to eat crap. It is a shame that this is the situation in this country. And I get so irate thinking about it. There's many times I can't afford the more expensive stuff either, as I have little money. And every time I am so mad about it that I just have to try not to think about it, otherwise I'd go mental. In addition; the overall choice of variety in grocery shops and stuff is really bad too. To put it into extremes; what's the point of being one of the wealthiest countries in the world when the selection in supermarkets sucks anyway!?
Today I've sat in front of my computer and I've listened to music and sung. I mean, really sung, out loud with all the voice I have. I love it. I've sung songs from the musical "Which Witch", The Who, Codes, The Doors and many more. Who could live without music, I know I couldn't. Music is like a necessity of life. It suits every emotion I feel and every mood that I am in. It's like Pete - Rock God - Townshend said; "Rock won't eliminate your problems, but it will sort of let you dance all over them". So, I say; let's dance! ... and so I did. ;-)
In the weight department I haven't lost a lot in the last two weeks. The reasons for that are several. One of them being that I haven't been as strict with myself as I should be. Apparently my dictatorship is needed, so onwards and upwards, or is that downwards to me, since I want to lose weight!?
I don't have more to say today, so I'll end with a funny excerpt of a short conversation from The Nanny where Mary Ruth have been bugging Mr Anthony and prying into his personal life...
Mr Anthony: So I guess you're one of those women who wants to reach out to people?
Mary Ruth: Yes
Mr Anthony: Fight that!
Love Monsoon :-)
2 comments:
the organic food costs more cos its produced is much less quantity. At least my eggs are organic.... and my hens of I choose to butcher them but I am incapable of that! every time I food shop I try to buy 2 things that are organic.. like grapes, or farm raised chicken. I gave up beef.
One of my fave foods in lox, smoked salmon... I buy it in the pacgages and its soooo expensive. They have it with COLOR added, can U believe it. So it looks more appetizing!!! ? Still its good with toast and cream cheese.
Num Num
You look great.
I think I look like a lesbian with my butch hair :)
It's the same here in France - organic food, healthy food is very expensive. The solution here is to go to the market. You can find there a lot of fresh and organic food for more or less a good price that comes from all kinds of regions of France. The markets are held every Sunday.
I admire your love for music. It's wonderful. My daughter listens to music with the same rapture. I used to love music, I listened to it all the time. Now I am afraid of music.
Still alive and loving you :)
Leila
Post a Comment