And as I am talking about things that get to me. Cinema. Going to the cinema. Why do I always end up in front of the giggling teen who can’t sit still, and who keeps kicking my seat so that it feels like I am a milkshake waiting to happen. And why oh why, do the people on the gallery find it imperative to shower us in popcorn and sweet wrappings? Why are the seats narrow, hard and uncomfortable? Why is there a draft on my feet? Why is there only one armrest, which I painfully share with the “oh-how-I-own-the-world-person” beside me? Why do people talk and comment constantly, and not to mention the smacking of lips… Have these individuals never heard of the concept of other people? Kill me and get it over with! I become hostile and violent, on the inside, and so that is why I can’t go. It isn’t healthy for me, as I build up such an aggression that my head is like a boiler in the end.
Do I sound like an angry person? Perhaps. Usually I am very patient when it comes to people, but somehow not at places like that.
Yep, this is me today. Hehe…
Thursday is the day I’ve been waiting anxiously for… EXAM. I am just glad I am comfortably numb and at ease, eh!?
In addition, I stumbled upon a group on facebook, which had 8, needless to say, gorgeous pictures of Bob.
It gave me a heart attack and I haven’t been myself since that day. Wooooow…It was completely not deliberate. I never ever thought in a million years that he would have a profile on facebook, so I never even searched his name. But there you go, I was wrong. I am so glad I don’t want to poke him in there, just to say “hi”. I am practically sitting on my hands to prevent myself from doing it. BE STRONG!Well, I can’t seem to find any more things to write about. So bye bye!
3 comments:
hellooooooooooo,
I haven't been around for a while and see that so many things have happened here...lol...should I give your newspapers some advice to write something worthy of reading?*HUG*
Please don't make angry for what they think is "nice to write about", it's not worth it.*HUG*
Smile now and forget all about the newspapers.*HUG*
btw...an interesting photo at the end of your post...lol...*wink*
Newspapers tend to get boring and silly during summer time, I've noticed. It is a general rule extended to France also. When I look in a newspaper these days or watch the TV, I get a feeling that virtually nothing happens in the whole wide world. Which is absolutely not true. I don't know why the news are lacking in summer - weather it is because everyone is away and they think that people won't read serious stuff, or weather it is because they do not want upset people on vacation. Both theories are completely silly, I agree, but I just cannot explain the fenomenon.
Cinema is a public place, and, as in any public place, there are annoying people who do not know how to behave and are quite brainless. It is hard to ignore their existence in a cinema because they prevent one from seeing and enjoying the film. Quite sad, indeed. I am only glad that people in France are pretty good in cinemas in general and keep themselves to themselves, something I cannot say about Russia where people eat, talk aloud and even telephone during the film as if they were at home. Really, it's hard to stay calm if you are not used to such behavoir.
Exam Thursday, eh? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, dearest. I know it will go well, but do relax at least a little bit, I do not want you loosing your health over all of this. You know that no matter what - you are the best of them all. You trully are.
Always in my thoughts,
Love,
Leila
Well, unfortunately the tabloids are just getting worse during summer, when the politicians are on holiday and therefore not making as much noise as they usually do. However, I have been thinking about the same thing as you lately; it seems the Norwegian papers are just getting worse by the minute! At least hitherto there were only two real tabloids (VG, Dagbladet, of course) but now even my innocent (albeit highly right-wing) local newspaper has turned all tabloid-y on me! I blame all the young writers they've hired. OK, so not a lot is happening in Tønsberg, but for f's sake, they HAVE managed to make a daily newspaper for 136 years without reaching for absurdities, so why start now?
I am SO turning into an old hag. :D
And the cinema...don't get me started! Well, I will anyway. Even if it isn't my blog, sorry about that. Our local cinema, with the emphasis on LOCAL, as in only a few minutes' walk away, is dead cheap but unfortunately some of the clientele is as well (ok, that was extreme, but you know what I mean). It sometimes seems as if some of them only come in there to stay out of trouble on the outside for a couple of hours. But they can't keep quite still, and if the film is boring, they start phoning their friends etc. Talking is frequent. Moving about also. Luckily we choose our own seats and it's usually empty enough to get away from the noisiest, but then you end up compromising your own, perfect seat, the one you picked ten minutes before they came dragging their sorry arses in there to make everyone a little less comfortable.
But at least the Norwegian cinemas are usually clean! The ones over here are STICKY! Seriously! It must be the mixture of people a) knocking over fizzy drinks and b) dropping sugar popcorn all over the place, then stomping on it. And then of course leaving all their rubbish behind. The guys who work there always think it's weird that we bring our litter with us and actually deposit it into the designated bins just outside the doors.
Sorry for hogging your blog, I was only going to say good luck for tomorrow's exam!!! Will be thinking of you. *hugs and all that*
Post a Comment