

I found this somewhere and then figured I'd post it. In lack of better things to talk about eh!?
It has to do with music.
What is the first music album you remember owning?
It was Carola Häggkvist with “Främling”, which came out after her third place in the “Eurovision song contest” in 1983. I still have it. Here she is on youtube: Carola in 1983
If not the same, what is the first music album you purchased for yourself? Bobbysocks, who won the Eurovision in 1985, with their album “let it swing”/la det swinge. I still love it, it makes me happy and cheerful to listen to it! Here they after winning the whole thing: Bobbysocks in 1985
What artist currently occupies the most shelf space?
The Who, U2, and not far behind; “the Doors”.
How many different types of music media (vinyl, cassette, CD, etc) have you owned in your lifetime? Vinyl, cassette and CD.
First CD you bought: U2, under a blood red sky
Who or what has had the biggest effect on your music taste?
Sadly I have to say that when I was a small child, under the age of 13, the Eurovision song contest was the music event of the year, and also influenced us a great deal. After that; an ex-boyfriend, named Søren, my friend Rønnaug, my brother, and other friends as well. I suppose that also Dublin’s radio influenced me to some extent whilst living in Ireland.
How do you currently prefer to listen to music?
Loud *lol* As I am permanently glued to my computer I mostly listen to music there. I just bought a new, excellent speaker system, so the sound beats the crappy stereo I have by a mile. I like to really listen to it, to be lost in the lyrics, the sound, the beat… I am the type who detects a barely noticeable sound in a song, and for that particular sound alone, I might totally love that song.
In terms of music memorabilia, what is your most prized possession?
Does an autograph count? In that case, Bono’s autograph which I got in 1993. Plus a U2 vinyl version of “under a blood red sky”.
Favourite quote by a rocker:
Of course Pete, he has my top-three.
- Rock won't eliminate your problems, but it will sort of let you dance all over them
- The fact of the matter is that I am fucking brilliant. Not WAS brilliant, AM brilliant...
- Be kind be real or get the fuck out of my face
Have you ever been completely obsessed with a particular artist? Who and to what level did your fandom go?
Yes, one person in particular; Samantha Fox! I was so over the top obsessed with her, I can't imagine why I didn't question the whole thing, just a little bit. No one else "loved" her the way I did. Most girls didn't look at her tits and ass, I did.*lol* My oh my, why didn't I see that I was not completely straight. (a bit strange that she is gay...)
At least she had a much fuller figure than most artists of today.
So she looked healthy... I thought she was the most beautiful and sexy woman on earth.
I used to pretend to be her, standing in front of the mirror singing, dressing like her, and basically wanting to be here. “Touch me, touch me now, I wanna feel your body”… Still like some of her songs though, I guess because it reminds me of simpler times. Needless to say, all that was when I was young and had not yet developed a great taste in music. At 14, I fell madly in love with U2. At 17, I found The Who and never looked back! I never stopped obsessing with either them or U2. I am music freak to the fingertips.
Which song means the most to you:
“let my love open the door” e-cola mix by Pete Townshend. Do not ask me why...
What is the farthest you've ever travelled for a concert?
From here to Oslo. Back then that was a 9 hour train travel. Terror for sure!
Who have you seen in concert the most? U2, twice.
Best concert experience: The Who this summer, U2 in Oslo (1993 and 97), and Cranberries at “the Point Depot” in Dublin in 1995.
Absolute favourites: The Who, U2, Roger Waters, Neil Young and Alanis Morrissette.
Talked about Bob a lot today, with my mum. Love her for her smart advice. She is the best.
Bob, I just love you. - Unforgettable -
EV :-)
6 comments:
Sweet survey!
You look awesome!!!!!
I have just one thing to say: YOU LOOK ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!!!!! You are very beautiful, Eilen
Martha-Anne and Momiji: I am thoroughly blushing rignt now. You are so nice to me. Thanks a million! I promise I will appreciate your compliments. Even though I don't really see that myself, at all, I hope to be able to some day. You know to like the way I look. I am still blinded by the fatness, unfortunately. But slowly progress is better than no progress, right!?
Love you guys!!
EV :-)
Hey one of my first cd's was U2, Bono is so charisamtic and sexy but that's a dangerous combo. "the unforgettable fire" I am always taking pix of myself... especially when I am in strange bi polar moods ha ha... sometimes I pay with photoshop and make my face distorted like the moon.
That is so sweet about your parents...I would say it is wonderful and lucky to even experience one years worth of what they have together!
love NINA
You look amazing! Take more pics! I would take them all day if I looked that good - so alive and full of vilda chi!
This new way of life is really suiting you honey. So very proud of you for making this change and sticking to it.
Massive hugs from all of us.
xxx
Nina: Yes, Bono is certainly sexy. Totally the unforgettable fire... *lol* Like I said in your blog; a very dear friend of mine said this about Bono's hotness: God must have worked over-time when he created Bono". Yes, I too wish I would get even an ounce of what my parents have, one day hopefully...
Moxie: You make me blush dearest. Hello!! Have you looked in your mirror lately ? Have you seen how gorgeous you are? But thanks... It is nice to hear, even though it is hard to believe. And thanks for being proud of me, that means the world!!! Give your loved ones a hug from me.
Love to you both! EV :-)
Post a Comment