Sunday, November 18, 2007

words

Good weekend. I’ve had Helene here twice. So nice to see her. We used to share flat in Oslo. Actually we shared flat for 4 years, including the 1, 5 years where my ex and Rønnaug also lived with us. Fabulous years in so many ways. Helene now lives close to Oslo, got married this summer and is an opera signer. Sometimes we reminisce on how it was to live together, and we kinda miss it. We had so incredibly much fun together. I remember that I always had to make sure she would be on time to make the tram in the morning. She’s the type that still is in her dressing rope when it is 5 minutes until the tram leaves. While she’d run around the flat, I’d shout; there’s 5 minutes until you have to leave, it’s 3, it’s one, now you HAVE to go! *lol*

Yesterday Rønnaug and her son Andreas were here as well. He was just one year, and he walks around now. Time flies. It is so weird he is already one year. In April, he’ll get a brother or sister too. Exciting times for their family.

Friday I made my mum cry. But don’t worry, it was the happy type! She’d talked about this song that was very very special to her. She’d only heard it once, when she was around 15. She’d heard other recordings of it, but never by the right person. She sang it to me, and I went home to start my search. I found five recordings, and a lot of information. I heard them, and somehow I just knew I had found the right one. I burned a CD with them, drove home and put it on. The minute the song started, tears started running down my mum’s cheeks… I had hit jackpot, so to speak. I am so pleased I took that time to search for it. That way I was able to give my mum a really nice gift; a song she hasn’t heard in 40 years. It’s called “you were on my mind”, and Crispian St. Peters recorded it in 1966.

In addition, I bought some new stuff for my bathroom. I was a bit sick and tired of the cerise and turquoise décor, so now I’ve gone all green. I’m very happy with this new stuff.



I adore it when Shira sleeps with her tongue out like this. I think she has some sort of overbite. You see her “fangs” tend to stick out, under her lips (it is lips on a cat!?) even when she’s not sleeping like this. I guess that is why she has some trouble with certain types of food…



Well off to school tomorrow, to hear about human trafficking, angled towards the children especially. A subject that I think about a lot. Gruesome.

EV

3 comments:

Martha-Anne said...

Wow! You had a great weekend, if I may say that for you.

I'm so glad you found that song for your mum. It's amazing what you can find online. My parents are constantly amazed by the things that I can find online for them. My dad spent about a month on google earth and talks about it so much.

I ADORE your bathroom. That color is so so SO beautiful and refreshing! Srsly. It makes such a big difference.

Our cats are similiar! Our little guy sleeps with his tongue out too. It's so cute I can't help but be creepy and stare at him while he sleeps and take pictures of the little guy.

Hope you have an excellent week!!!

Vans said...

Sounds like you had such a great time! Your cat is so cute and I love his fangs!

xoxoxo
Ka

Vans said...

I'm still half asleep...I love your bathroom. Wish mine was a cute, but mine's a mess.