Friday, November 09, 2007

Storm!

Holy crap! If only I could show you the insanely bad weather we have here right now. There’s a violent storm outside. I am telling you, the monitor on my computer actually moves when the strongest blows hit the house. (It is not Tipp toeing around though, just really shaking…) There is a terrible noise too, from outside. I suppose it is the woman downstairs’ garbage bins, standing down there, without any sort of shelter. Mine are sheltered because they stand in the carport. There are several bins. You see here in my commune we recycle bloody everything. We have one bin for plastic, one for paper, one for food waste, and one for the rest of the trash. In addition, we also recycle cullet and scraps. I am recycling like mad here!

My future sister-in-law, Cecilie got“stranded” at Bryne tonight. She is a nurse and had worked late. She wanted to take the train home at around 22.00. No trains came, due to the weather. In the end, she got a lift with an immigrant who lives here.

I’ve actually studied all I had set out to do today, and I am very pleased with myself. Doing notes as I go along, and I think that is a very good way to study. Haven’t done it like that before, but I think I’ll stick to that from now on.

Have had no appetite today, and as I tried my best at eating dinner, I felt sick to my stomach. The last bites I ad to swallow with water, and I wanted to be sick. Yuk. I had roasted salmon and then with that I baked cauliflower in a crème sauce in the oven. I love salmon and this sauce, usually, but not today. At days like these only uncooked food can be eaten, like tomatoes, garden peas and ham, like gammon…

I’ve lost a little bit more now, so it is down 12,6 kilos now. (27, 8 lbs) I am just happy as long as is it goes down, and not up. Though I’d love to lose at least 1, 5 kilos a week. That’d be fantabulous!! However, in total I am down 33, 5 kilos, which is 73, 9 lbs. Yay!


Well, actually it is now past midnight, which means it is Friday now. New study day for me… Hope my appetite will be better when I wake up... And let’s hope Bob calls to ask me out on a date, or to simply chat… Yeah, pigs will fly before that happens, unfortunately.

Have to tell you that I had a weird dream last night. I think I dreamt about all the exes I have… Plus one woman in particular. One I sooo liked while I lived in Oslo, before I met Inger Marie. In this dream I made out with her, with Bob, and with a lot more. So strange… What does this mean pray!? Let us not ponder upon it. *lol*

Take care you gorgeous lot out there! I am off to do something completely different. ;-)


EV

3 comments:

Martha-Anne said...

Just letting you know, you're in my thoughts! I hope all is well during and after the storm.

Anonymous said...

I had a dream about you two nights before! I do not remember exactly what you did, but I remember we talked and it was cool and we were laughing a lot. I woke up and I said to myself: Wow! :)

33,5 kilos - this is huge. I don't know if you realize yourself the amount of work you've done on yourself. Admirable! I am at awe! You're absolutely amazing.

We don't get snow here in Paris (unfortunately), but the storms with a very strong wind are frequent in autumn and winter. Sometimes the wind is so strong, the tree are bending, and the windows are trembling. And afterwards we find the whole branches of trees on the ground, along with so many broken stuff and shop signs that fell and broke.

Monsoon said...

Martha-Anne: Thank you so much. It all went well. We get such storms a lot here. It is just the typical the south-west coast of Norway... Plus it is super flat here, so the winds get no shelter from hills or mountains.

Momiji: Ah, how nice that you dreamt about me. I've dreamt about you too actually. I bet we'd laugh a lot together if we were to meet. Which I certainly hope we will!!
Yes, I know, 33,5 kilos is a lot, and I am grateful that I am able to do it.

Yes, that is the case here too, with the winds. Like I said to Martha... And about trees; around here they are permanently bent actually, due to the constant winds. It is hardly ever calm here, so when it is it feels fantastic!!!

EV ;-)