Sunday, November 04, 2007

Football and stuff

First, I want to congratulate my parents who have been married for 35 years today! They are still very much in love, they are passionate with each other, they are very flirty and they are like teenagers at times. The love between them is so obvious, and I love that. Imagine being like that after 41 years as boyfriend/girlfriend, amazing! They are 55 and 57 years old. 


Jainey! Could I possibly be more engaged while watching football/soccer?!? It was my favourite Italian team Inter, who played Juventus tonight. Inter had so many almost-goals, but the game ended 1-1. I really wish Inter had won, but at least they are still in first position in the standings so… I was screaming, swearing like a sailor, and cheering like a nutty person.
I love watching sports. It gives me some sort of adrenaline kick. I only wish I had someone to share it with. A friend or something, however I don’t think any of my friends like football that way. I mean there has to be a reason why so many women hate men when it comes to their sports. Somehow, I don’t! I’d watch it with them and be totally involved as well… I can just picture Bob and I, watching today’s game together. (I can dream can’t I!?) He is a Juventus fan, and me being an Inter fan. Talk about your local confrontation, eh!? *LOL*

I have been a very good student this weekend, despite insane sinuses problems. Right now, I am reading about intercultural child welfare. How to better communicate, inform and help immigrants. Especially those who aren’t from a so-called western country. This book is very interesting and it challenges me… which is good I think. It is exceedingly suitable for me, the particular subject we have now. We have many different small subjects, but they are all linked to the same main theme, which is child welfare. And guess where I will be working next year? Yes, within the child welfare authorities.

I haven’t exercised at all yesterday, or today. I wasn’t able to due to sinuses thing. It is killing. I am going to call my doctor tomorrow. I need something for it. I can’t be like this… exam is in one month! I hope I will be able to work out again tomorrow.

Went to pick up mum and dad last night. They’d been in Spain. They had had a fabulous time and the area they went to was gorgeous according to them. They are definitely going back, but next tie for two weeks at least. As I sat waiting for them to arrive, I watched a man driving around in this little sweeping car. Can you imagine a duller work than that? Sitting in this tiny, tiny booth of a vehicle, sweeping around an airport, poor guy. I am very glad that someone doesn’t mind this kind of work, as it is important. Imagine how it would look all over if it wasn’t for them. It was just that last night I felt sorry for him. It looked so sad and lonely. What ’s more, is there a more ungrateful job than the being some sort of cleaner? Who ever notices you? Who appreciates you etc? Unless we’re talking about the cleaning business more in the lines of Tony Soprano…

I guess this is enough for today. The Bob business is still insanely tough these days. Could I like him more? I just want to be good to him, always... 

Love EV

Ps. I’ve decided to post as Monsoon again, and sign using only initials as I found out that I was easily searchable at Google with my whole name. I think I am the only person who has that name you see… This way I’m not that traceable you know…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your parents are a beautiful couple. And there is such a complicity about them, it is heart-warming to see. You have something there to be proud of, as I am sure you are. my warmest CONGRATULATIONS on their 35 years of marriage and I wish them 200 more years of as happy a marriage.

Sorry to know your health is still not doing well. You're right to not excersise, I actually can't even imagine how anyone can do any physical effort suffering like you do.

I'm thinking and thinking about writing you a letter. Actually I talk to you in my head often, as if I were telling you stuff. But it is hard for me to write at the moment, forgive me - I am feeling really bad, my thoughts are all scrambled. This time my anguish just does not seem to want to go away.

So long, farewell! said...

Congrats to your parents! How foxy is your mother in that photo?! What a babe :o)

I am so glad to hear a story of a couple that are still happy, in love and flirty after years together. DH and I joke "do you still love me?' "Of course' "Even after all these years?" and I hope one day when we say all these years it will be true.

Give them kisses from me and Roxie
xxx

Anonymous said...

Awww! I just adore that picture! They both look so serene and yet so deeply in love... Anyway, I'm tired, ergo I'm going to sleep. :-P

NOW.

Diapers,
Elise

Monsoon said...

Momiji: Yes, I am proud of my parents, but mostly for what they are. Though I must admit they do look awfully cute on that pic. And as for you no being able to write; to not fret about it my dear. To me it is enough to know that you do think aobut me from time to time. Went to the doctor today, and got a new penicillin cure. Hope it take sit away.

Moxie: Thank you for your congratualtions. ANd about you and DH, I am pretty darn sure many years form now, you and him will be equally flirty and content with things. He is after all your soulmate! ;-)

Elise: Thanks for your nice comment! Hope you had a good nights sleep. I did. :-)

Love EV