I was trying to make some sort of list. You know like “2007 in a nutshell”. Here is the result:
Lost weight
Was alone a lot
Missed, longed for, cared for, and loved him a lot
Laughed way little
Cried so much I am sure I could water a plantation with the tears
Wrote many (bad) poems
Listened A LOT to music
Went to the best concert EVER; The Who!!!!
Regretted not going to Roger Waters last year
Sang a great deal
Danced
Wanted to be loved
Felt very little appreciated by some
Lent money
Talked to myself
Fantasized
Was sad
Thought and pondered
Felt sexy
Spent too much money
Got new flooring in my flat + more
Studied, studied and studied
Yearned for intimacy
Tried to help a friend, for the 5th consecutive year
Was ill with pneumonia for way over a month
Failed one exam, but nailed it the next time
Was disappointed in a few friends
Had an insane amount of solo sex
Hated that I can’t stop liking him
Talked to an ex from 13 years ago on Skype a few times
Was stressed
Felt happy
Enjoyed nice walks down by the sea
Sat in front of my computer
Became closer to many of my blog friends, which I am grateful for!
Took many walks by the sea, enjoying the gorgeous scenery
Worried, but not about myself
Was exceedingly happy to see friends get married
Missed having someone special in my life, I just miss the twosome regarding life in general.
Was thankful for friends and family
Played "The Sims" ,“Worms Armageddon” and "Dreamfall"
Got introduced to facebook
Bought my monster exercise machine
I know that a lot more happened, but this is the most “important” things. Hmm, let’s review... What can it tell us? 2007; one hell of a crappy year, in many ways. Yikes! Ah well, let us all hope 2008 will be a much better year, in all aspects!! What can I do but to try to look at it with a smile and an acknowledging nod, knowing that I have to make the necessary changes so that 2008 won’t be like this.
I do know one thing I have to do. Just hope it is doable.
I saw this writing on my dear friend Laura’s Msn. It read: “I think love should be irresistible, like a drug, you know? I think when it happens you should just not be able to help yourself”. I just really liked this. Laura always has little cute and true sentences like this on her Msn.
This last week has been kinda brutal. It was super-scary to start my work practice. Sleep deprived like a mad cap for sure! Though I did survive, didn’t I!? The women I am going to work with all seem like nice people. I’ve connected best with one of them. She is really nice. I’ve done lots of different stuff, like made some sort of a social report, made a house call, written case sheets, ++. I work Mondays and Wednesdays at Nærbø, and Tuesdays and Thursdays at Varhaug. They are approximately 5 and 10 minutes away on the train, which is insanely fabulous for me. I am, after all, used to travelling around like a lunatic for hours and hours every day. So, yes, that is one thing that is brilliant with it.
I am so utterly glad that I have an appointment to cut my hair today. It is extremely overdue!! I look horrible. Yuk! Can’t wait to feel better. It’s strange how much one’s hair influences on how one feels…
Cecilie (future sister-in-law) and I went to IKEA yesterday. I somehow forgot, or someone stole, three frames and some cards to go in them there. I can’t find them, so they must be gone. Exceptionally annoying!! I will have to buy new ones the next time I go there.
I’ve lived with a black really rounded 20” TV, for 10 years. It’s been a solid friend these years, but I am thoroughly happy that I now have a new TV. Eva has moved to her boyfriend at Tonstad, and she just like that, gave me her 32” widescreen TV… I felt horrible accepting it, but she insisted, so now I have a beautiful silver TV that is HUGE compared to what I had. Now it’ll be enormously better to watch football. It used to feel like watching ants going about… THANKS EVA! Love you

I am off to the hairdresser's now!
Love EV :-)
4 comments:
"Had an insane amount of solo sex" - LOL! Sounds strangely familiar!
Also, congrats with the telly! It must be a bliss. If I'd lived nearer to you, you could have got mine (28"), because it's ready to be shifted, only as we know it would probably be costlier to ship it than to buy a new one, haha!
Hope you'll find work exciting and challenging!
"Spent too much money" -> We all do! Hope 2008 brings you loads of happiness, love & cash!!
awesome TV!!! your home looks so wonderful! i wanna see more pics! Your list of 2007 accomplishments is wonderful! You should post it somewhere where you can see it everyday and think of all the wonderful things you can do in just one year.
Glad you liked the quote of my MSN! it's from a movie called "DEBS" that i guess you may enjoy as i did ^^ I think that quote is so true, so terrible true...
Anyway i know 2007 was like a crappy year, but i'm sure 2008 will be better and try to live it with a smile on your face... i know it's hard, but believe me it helps to face life in the right way :)
love you my dear friend!
Post a Comment