Sunday, October 17, 2010

Conversing...

So I guess sex is not the way to go, in this blog I mean. Was I perhaps a tad too open and honest about it? It seems you all stayed away from commenting on one subject I for one thought would muster up more than one comment. But, perhaps it was my inconclusive writing that did it? Who knows...

Anyway, here I am again, and I can tell you that that wasn't the last time the aforementioned S-word is on my mind, and therefore also on this blog...

On Friday I had a good friend over. He came at 6 and had to leave at 1 am, because that's when the last train leaves, and he lives 50 km from here so a taxi is out of the question! Those seven hours flew by, and we were really annoyed that he had to leave at that stage. I know many of you might ask why didn't he just stay the night, well, he is engaged and has a live-in girlfriend, so it wouldn't be "appropriate" really. We had such a great evening/night, with food, MUSIC, concerts on DVD, talk, almost peeing my knickers cause I laughed so much, and did I mention music!? Vegar is such a terrific guy, and so much fun. All in all an excellent night.

Started today with a good power walk in the forest, and now I am left with a 'kabooming' headache as a result of that. Thank you! That's a nice prize for trying to be good. The weather was gorgeous and the air fresh, so it did me good too.

On Friday I also got my new pair of Converse All-star shoes. Thanks to my dear friend Ingvild, who lives in London! She ordered them and sent them as a "birthday gift" to me, as they couldn't send them to Norway. But she also did it because of Norway's stupid custom rules. (you can't buy things from abroad for over around £ 20, unless you want to pay a fee + 25 % on VAT for importing the goods! Have I said that I completely and utterly fail to agree with that sum, and also that I loathe the whole idea. I mean, come one, what do you get for £ 20 these days!? Argh!) They are part of a limited edition things where they pay tribute to great "old" bands. I of course got the ones tributed to my beloved "the Who". I wore them grocery shopping yesterday, and I couldn't take my eyes off my feet, seriously. I felt so cool. Odd maybe, but I did... They have the Union Jack (flag) sewed onto them, as The Who are well known for their use of the flag in various ways. Here are a few photos of them. 


Last week I applied for three different jobs. I have my heart set on one of them and I really really hope I'll get it. The job itself isn't my dream job, but the shift is. You work 14 hours a day for 7 days, then you have 2-3 weeks off. It's bloody perfect for a single girl wanting to travel to visit my wonderful (blog) friends around the world! Plus, who's definitely going to Australia to check out Adelaide, and see if I like it enough, and if it tempts me even more then, to go live there? Meeee! :-) So, please send me good thoughts for this job!

Also, CONGRATS to a dear friend Irene and her man, who had a baby boy on the 15th. His name is Oskar and he is their second child. The first one is 3 and is called Herman. Can't wait to see pictures. Another great friend, Judit, is expecting her/their first any day now. 

Well, my head is doing me in, so I think I will have a sizzling date with a hot water bottle.

Love and light - Monsoon -

No comments: