Sunday, October 10, 2010

It's all medical

Argh! I hate cancer, but then, who doesn't! One of my oldest, nearest and dearest friends Eva just learned that her dad has lung cancer. This is a man I've known all my life, and I grew up with him and his family as my nearest neighbours. I still live on the same housing estate... They only learned it on Friday, and Saturday was the day we were going to Tonstad to celebrate Eva's son Ernst's 1st birthday. Ernst is my godchild and he is so cute! The party wasn't cancelled, despite the circumstances. So, we drove the 1, 5 hour up there, into the mountains and valleys, surrounded by beautiful autumn colours. Spectacular scenery with fjords, rivers, huge mountains and trees. (could never live there myself though, as I need the open and flat nature we have here) We had a very nice day, they're such a great bunch of people and I care so much for them. I just pray he will get well and conquer this. They don't know the progress of it yet, and so let us hope it was caught early.

these are some photos I took when I went up to Tonstad August 2009. It gives you an idea of the scenery. This first one shows what a lot of the road up there looks like.








One fisherman and a mountainside



My mum wasn't operated on Thursday after all. As it turned out, she just felt that it was totally wrong to do the back surgery before the hip surgery. She laid awake all night, just feeling it in her whole body. She could hardly breathe and had a really physical reaction. So when she came to the hospital the next day she told the surgeons, and for once they listened. They ordered x-rays, and when they saw them they nearly fainted, as there wasn't any bone left around the left hip. It was literally just hanging there. No wonder her left foot has shrunk in length, and no wonder she can't even make it to the mailbox... So, coming Tuesday a very big and difficult hip surgery might take place, and if not, in a couple of weeks. I am so glad she felt that there was something wrong. Thank God for intuition and stuff.

I am still feeling all kinds of things towards the Bob business. And because of all that I sleep really badly at the moment. Wow. Could he be more magic in his ways? I won't bore you with more details though. Except maybe a poem...

In there

In the weeping grass
that's where I will be
In the eyes of a child
that's where you will find me
Forever swept into your heart
In your laughter, in your gaze
In the songs you listen to
that's where I will be
In the hidden secrets
that's where you will find me
Perpetually entwined between the words they speak
The things they convey in sad lines of ink
In the shouting silence of
words not written, words not spoken, words not thought
That's where I will be

Rather uninspired, or empty mind, so I will sign off...

Love and light - Monsoon -

1 comment:

Rozi from Jozi said...

What a beautiful poem with beautiful photographs to complement it, I feel your pain :( xxx