Monday, January 01, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

And then it was 2007. The year I will turn 33, wow. The 30s have really started!
I so hope that this will be a much better year than 2006 was, as that was a crappy year in many aspects. I won’t elaborate, but boy have I strived a lot. Getting the A on my exam was like a sorely needed band-aid. It had healing powers, and I feel much more upbeat now. I am ready to face 2007, with what ever. But please give me some peace, at least in my heart department.

I ate dinner at my parents’ this afternoon, with my brother Tor Egil too. Fabulous food. Then we just hung out together. At 9 I drove my brother to his friend, and went home. Since then I’ve watched TV, eaten ice-cream, downloaded Pink Floyd’s “Dark side of the moon” and “Wish you were here”, written to a woman at gaysir, said happy New Year to Bob, while looking out the window (yeah sily I know), cuddled Shira, and listened to more music. Just your normal night. I am sure a lot of people will feel sorry for me being alone on New Year ’s Eve. But to me this is like; “a new year, so what. It’s nothing spectacular really.” I can’t help seeing it that way. I “always” have. It’s not that this year will end wars, put a stop to starvation, end nature catastrophes, or make all of the human race a united people with no prejudice and hatred, all of a sudden. Or is it? We can hope, we can wish, yearn and dream, thankfully! And frankly, what would we be without those things? This brings me to my next thing: resolutions.

I don’t have any resolutions. Not any that says I have to stop doing certain things. Like don’t eat sweets, eat less and so on. The no’s sounds negative, so I try to think in a more positive way, like; I want to try to laugh more, be more happy and see the small beauties in life, study hard, make more friends, spend more time with people who gets me and who shares my passions, be kind to others, write, learn more, and so on. I basically just want to try to be a better, more content me. Who will learn to love herself for just being… I think that is important, especially when thinking of the long road ahead, paved with struggle about the weight situation. I need to truly believe I am worth the hardship, or else there’s no use. So, as you see, I too do dream of better times in the New Year, it’s just that I don’t see the point in the HUGE celebrations, that’s all. I am fine and dandy all by myself here. Get it? Though, I am not saying that I mind celebrating it with other people. Of course not! But not enjoying big parties, being single, not having kids, not wanting to be disgustingly drunk with a bunch of "shabby" people, leaves me with no other choice. I'd rather be by myself.

I think I should go to bed. It’s an extremely windy and rainy night here, and the fireworks flew over the sky. My flat felt and sounded like a war zone for a while. No wonder my dear cat was scared stiff, poor thing.

So, good night my dear friends.

Monsoon

Bob, God! Always… or so it seems.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In Russia we say: You'll spend the new year the same way you celebrated it. It is an old saying and now many people interpret it wrongly, trying to party hard all night or invite hundreds of guests or whatever folly takes them. But in fact what this saying means is that the most important thing is to feel good and at peace with yourself the night you welcome the new year. This way you will feel good and at peace with yourself all through the year. So, you had a nice relaxing evening and it is a good thing. I am sure that your year 2007 will be good. I wish it to you anyways. Last year you had this big A as a proof of how hardworking, determined and intelligent you are. Trust yoursel as your friends trust you and you will easily surpass all the life's obsticles.

Love,
Lilie

Eva said...

hei!
Glad to hear that you had a good night last night! Here in Kr.sand the kids started quarrels every 10 minutes.. heheh! but we had a great dinner, and some fireworks. I have never seen so many fireworks on one night ever... the sky was a picture... beautiful!
well, we are going to deliver the children now!! Then I migth just have to "kill some kittens" togheter wih Trond! Got it?
See you!
I'll be home tonight at 23. And of work this hole week!
love you
(sorry engelsken min. Håper du forstår hva jeg egentlig prøver å si)
Eva