Friday, January 05, 2007

To stink or not to stink, that is the question

This post is a bit silly and odd, but I must address it nevertheless, for the heck of it...

Sometimes when sitting on the train or bus, in the morning, it totally astonishes me how many different types of people there are in this world. I like to study others, to wonder about their lives, their going-ons, their families, their habits, where they work, and what they like to eat. Some tend to annoy me, some just seem to be there, some are loud, some are giggly, some stinky, and some are quite “normal”.

What catches my attention the most are the stinky and loud because they get to me… If I am a bit agitated they are like a bad itch, a rash that won’t go away. I have sat close enough to some of these folks to uncover the dreadful truth that people, unbelievably many, don’t believe in deodorant. Would it kill them to use some? I think it is so odd that they can’t smell themselves. Because obviously they can’t, as I guess they then would start believing in deodorant. I am not saying that we all can’t be a bit unlucky once in a while, but not as a rule. Put on some deodorant, for me, please!

It is the same for those who smell like a can of bad tuna when they turn around and talk to you. It is soo awful. I seriously do not know where to turn for fresh air. It is especially bad if this is someone you are stuck with on the bus from town to University. This happened to me, and I swear, those 20 minutes felt like three years. Revoltingly rotten it was, I am telling you! Poor guy, but hello! Have you ever heard of the concepts dental floss, toothpicks, toothbrushes, or mouthwash? Even chewing gum would take some of that acid smell away. Please guys; do consider the health of those around you. It is not every bloody day that I have an insane urge to shower/wash and brush my teeth. Sometimes I just want to eat and go… But I know that being lazy about it, will result in the possibility to reek, therefore I do it. As should everybody! (Needless to say, but I’ll say it regardless; this doesn’t apply to you who suffer from something that causes involuntary odours…)

I have wanted sweets really bad for several hours today. So after watching a TV programme I walked up to my parents’ house. It was nice, and it took away some of the worst cravings. My dad is currently trying to loose some weight. He isn’t obese; he has that big tummy which is so normal for males of his age. Well if you tend to put on weight around the waistline. But dad has quite thin legs, arse and arms.

I have the car now, because dad is off work tomorrow. Yea! So then I am going to drive down to the beach and go for a brisk walk there. Not on the beach itself, as that is killing on my hip, but there is this gravel road that goes beside there. I might take pictures for you to see. I love it. Of course it isn’t as nice now as it is winter. Not as green and the sky is boringly grey. But, all the same, I enjoy and love it. The north sea is untamed now!

Though the craving is perishable I feel strong and confident. Also I go around saying to myself: “you are worth it, you deserve to take care of yourself”, all the time. It is set on repeat in my head, as is Bob. Remember I wrote that The Who might be coming to Norway; well what more of a reason do I need to loose weight? I can’t go if I am this big, so I better be good to myself so that I won’t miss it if it should happen. Please God! It would be exceedingly fantabulous to see them live. I adore their music so much, I am sure it can be found in every cell of my body. They make me really sense and listen to music. There’s passion! And who likes passion again? Mee!! And if Rachel came, then it would be one big happy smile forever on my face! Oh, and Bob… He loves them too, with passion; I remember his eyes once we talked about them. Especially about one song in particular, one of Pete’s; “Let my love open the door, e-cola mix”. Imagine if he came. Jaysis! Him and Pete and Roger at once; I’d die for sure! *lol*

Had lovely Elise on a visit today, and it was incredibly nice to see her. Had a terrific time.
Elise is such a great girl! She is catholic, and it reminds me of my Irish family. I miss Ireland, for fecks sake, I miss it a whole lot.

I am trying to turn around my sleeping pattern, so I thought I’d go to bed before 2 for once…

So goodnight, I am off to bed. Or perhaps I need to do something else first.

Monsoon

Bob

Ps. Later; Haha! 01.19 is the time... and finally I am going to bed! I must get stricter on myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i totally know what you mean! thanks for this post.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to bed around three in the morning each day and I wake up at 11! I have no idea how I will get back on the track Monday when the vacation is over and I have to get up at six!!!

I'm so very proud of you, Eilen for your fight against the little cravings for food! It is such a pleasure to read all this. Oh do I know through what you're going! And that's why I wont tire to say: bravo, you're great, you're strong, you're the best!

I laughed so hard reading about stincky people!:) Isn't that true, though! I know just the type - they're everywhere: metro, bus, or simply line in a supermarket. They sit or stand close to you, they breathe at you and you just don't know how to get away without being rude!:) Horrible!:) Some are just plain dirty - when I look at them, I see that this is not only a deodorant problem, their clothes is just DIRTY! This is supposed to be a civilized place we're living in!:)

Love and ever so proud of you,
Lilie

Shahrzad said...

hi there,

Well...some people..., I think nothing can be done about them. Be more patient my dear.*HUG*



Shahrzad