We are exposed to cruelties in the media daily. There are so many horrible things happening that make my stomach twist and turn. So much, I think we’re in danger of becoming immune to it. Luckily, it hasn’t gotten there just yet, not for me. It makes me so angry, especially when people’s rage is taken out on defenceless innocent victims. It is vile.
For instance, today, we could read in the news in Norway that someone had drowned a young German Shepard by hanging stones to its leech. Dreadful, horrendous! I wish we had stronger punishments for these types of crimes in Norway. Now we hardly have any reaction at all. Seems people can go about do whatever they want with their animals. They might get a tiny fine and a reprimand. Oh yes, because that is certainly going to put a stop to such behaviour! Not! If you are so over-psycho that you can torture and kill an animal like that, I bet you’ll do it again. You people disgust me to such an extent, it isn’t even possible to describe it. I want to slap your faces endlessly. In addition, I have several other things I’d like to do, because you make me so irate. However, that would take me stooping down to your level, so I won’t. I will just think about you in utter disgust and disbelief, and wonder why so many people feel urged to be cruel and violent these days. There, got that out of my system, for now…
I am working on a painting for my bedroom. It is coming out quite cool, I think. Just the way I like it. It is mostly red, yellow and orange. And of course, since it is roasting, and I paint in my bra, it has left my boobs yellow, black, orange, green, red, and “burnt umber”. Hehe. That’s what you get when they are “tiny”. They stick their big noses in everything, don’t they… Still, I am a general “messer”. I remember when my ex and I painted our bedroom when we moved in here. No matter how little work I did then, due to back problems, I still looked like the paintbrush itself. Hands, face, hair, clothes and all, all dyed in that colour. I was a bleedin’ chameleon, I’m telling you. Mum is the same, so I guess it’s genetic somehow. *lol*
I’ve been to IKEA with mum, Tor Egil (brother) and his live-in girlfriend Cecilie today. We also stopped by Clas Ohlson, a shop for tools, computers, household items and electronics. It is one of my favourite shops. I burnt off 440 kroner there. ($ 74, £ 37). I bought a palette, two big tubes of colour, two canvases, and some computer related stuff. At IKEA I bought some scented candles, for all the non-romantic evenings I spend alone, (God the sarcasm!) and a green plant with a pink flower, for my bathroom.
When I awoke by the alarm today, I was in shock. I just could not get out of bed. It took me half an hour to move my arse out of there. Gees! I moved around in bed, lying in a million different positions, trying to force myself out. Terrible. My body felt like lead. I hate those mornings. The day starts bad. Looking at that disgusting face in the morning, yuk! However, it got better as the day went by. I had a good evening at Eva’s, which was exactly what my disheartened self needed. Love you girl!
Vegar is beeping me on Msn, so I’ll go!
Monsoon
2 comments:
You'll have to post a pic of your painting when it's complete!
It does horrify me daily, the amount of evil that is happenning all around us. I am always afraid for my kids, for my family, because I realize that no one is safe actually, anything can happen anywhere. Isn't it horrible to live in a world where you can trust no one? Sometimes I am wondering where we are all going...
I would love to see your painting. Could you take a picture of it and send it to me when you're done? If it is not too personnal of a thing of course. Sorry for being so noisy. But I love it when people expreme themselves, I think it's wonderful. I can't draw, I can't paint, even abstractly - I have no talent putting coulors together, I just admire it. But I write. I write all the time and many of things I've written no one has seen, it's more like thoughts or thought stories. Paper is my canvas and words are my coulors :)
You're still not feeling very well, dear, I am so sorry to see. Give me a word, maybe, eh? Be brave, my wonderful friend!
Love,
Lilie
Post a Comment