Sunday, June 24, 2007

Face of horror

Oh my God! I watched a show on National Geographic on a horrible drug. It is called methamphetamine. There is also Crystal Meth, which is a purer smokeable form of methamphetamine. I remember seeing something on Oprah once about this drug. It is so shocking, so dreadful and, well frankly, I am lost for words…

I have never ever seen anything destroy a person’s life so complete! Have you ever seen before and after pictures of a user? Have you seen their skin, their hair (or lack of it) their teeth and gums, and their body? It is kinda like taking a pretty girl and doing a makeover for her to star in a horror film. That is how terrifying the transformation is. It is sad, it is atrocious, it is all the word for terrible I can find. But to me, most of all, it is incomprehensible. Why would people want to start using this drug, when they know how extremely dangerous it is? What is wrong with the world today, which makes people want to try this? It kills people, it turns them into hallucinating mad people. They lose themselves as human beings, and end up doing many things they normally wouldn’t. Also it is an extremely addictive stimulant. The worst thing is that it is spreading like crazy, all over the world. It leaves me feel utterly benumbed by sadness, and unable to act… A met face: SCARY SCARY SCARY!!!!

This picture shows the woman when she first was convicted, and then about 3, 5 years later.
The deterioration is gruesome!


You have asked me to post pictures of my so-called art. But I have to “disappoint” you, as I do not dare to post it. I am not brilliant at all, and I fell insecure about it. Can’t help it! Perhaps some day though. A friend came with a very good idea for me. She wanted me to buy a book, write my poems in it, and then paint to fit the poem. I might do that actually, it is a very good idea! We’ll see! Meanwhile, I am loving this!

I’ve had a good weekend, due to friends coming over and I haven’t felt lonely. I detest feeling alone and lonely. It is one of the worst things, for me. Eva, Janne and I made homemade pizza yesterday, and watched Bruce Almighty. We also talked… Good evening.

In addition, today my favourite Norwegian football/soccer team Viking won 3-1 against Brann. Soooo good! It was a very good game, with a lot of nice football! I am thrilled that they are doing so much better this season. Last one was disastrous, and almost ended in 1st division.

I don’t know more to write right now. I feel a bit numb and scared stiff after that documentary, so I’ll get back to you tomorrow. But I can say that I will try to exercise again tomorrow. Just a little bit. Let’s hope and pray it will go well.

Monsoon

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely frightening. I get very emotinal and am shocked easily when I watch this kind of documentary. Human suffering pains me, especially when it is self inflicted like this. Drugs is a horrible thing, this kind, the powerful one, is even more so. I have no words because no words can express the feelings caused by this kind of human tragedy :(

Laura said...

My english blog is back :D

Martha-Anne said...

Wow that is super freaky!!!!

Laura said...

I was lucky and my exam went fine: i had 30 ^^
now just one exam left...

btw how are you?
hope you're fine and to hear from you soon!

hugs!

So long, farewell! said...

Hi honey

Re - the Meth I stumbled across a website once which had before and after shots and was horrified as to how much it ravaged a person in such a short time.

I've worked with people with drug problems in the past (heck, I've tried a few myself too) but I have never seen anything like that.

I suppose it is just cheap and quite easy to make and, like most things, great to start off with but not so much once you start to *need* it.

GHB is also becoming a major problem as, in addition to giving a great buzz, it is a growth hormone. Body builders used to use it before it was made illegal. What people don't realise is that because it is a growth hormone it also encourages other things to grow - so if you have a tiny tumour or cancer it will increase the rate at which it grows, depending on how much you take. (And that's beside the fact that if you take too much you collapse into a coma and sometimes stop breathing...)

That turned into a rant, lol!

On a much brighter note I love love love your new header - did you make it yourself?

Would love to see some of your art work too - I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours :o)(

xxx