Friday, June 08, 2007

Hot!

Friday night and I just drove my dear friend Eva home to Varhaug. We’ve had Chinese. I had fried prawns in Peking sauce. Yummy!

Well, exam… We got 5 questions, three from social economies and two from law. Hrmf! It didn’t go well at all. In fact I am scared I will fail. I just cannot bare the idea of having to start studying for a new exam in a few weeks. It is an agonizing thought. I need some time off right now, as I am unbelievably weary. Here is why I think, and know it didn’t go well: The third and most important question in economies I know I have answered wrongly, as I had a total black out on the word we were supposed to base our written discussion around. We were going to discuss the paradox of the labour market. I do know this, but for some reason on Wednesday I didn’t! Stuck! So I just kinda made up my own paradox and hoped for the best. Unfortunately it was wrong. I am desperately hoping that my other 4 answers are so good that I don’t fail, but bugger all. I am not happy with this. Shite!

It is roasting here these days. I am soooo hot. I sit here in my bra, as I can’t bare the thought of any clothing on my upper body right now. I sit and sweat. Not comfortable at all. It is just so fucking humid here when it’s warm, that’s why I hate it. If the humidity wasn’t here I wouldn’t mind the heat so much. It was really bad on Wednesday evening; humid in the 10th power, drizzle rain, not one bit of wind (it was like even time stood still…) and then the smell of at least ten different manures. I felt like I was living inside a cowhouse, as the smells were that intense. You felt strangled by the lack of fresh air inside, but couldn’t open windows as you then were strangled by the strong acid-like manure smells. How great. As I drove Eva home just now, I think we counted, and smelled, 10 different shite smells. This is one of the things I dislike with living here. But usually I love it here! One tying I think is cool is this: the farmers make grass/hay balls, and they look like gargantuan marshmallows.


I’ve exercised a few times on my new machine, and boy am I worn out afterwards. Brilliant work out! When I get off it, my thighs are practically shaky. *lol* I notice that I have started using “new” muscles by using this machine, and so my body is a bit achy, but that’s ok. I guess it’ll pass when I get more used to it.

I am in fact very very tired. My eyes are sore, so for once in my life I will go to bed at a sensible hour. I tend to wake up at the crack of dawn when the humidity is this bad, my bedroom is namely like a stove…

I hope this post finds you all well!

Monsoon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Growing up I was told that they were marshmellows! I pretended not to believe, but I did. I was cheeky and asked, what are the black ones then? And my sister's answer was, burnt marshmellows. haha!!!!

Anonymous said...

As I wrote before - try not to be too upset for your exam. I know it's easy to say but not so easy to do, the exam deception I remember very well. I got stuck on topics I knew perfectly well too, I do not know how this block out happens, but it does and it is very upsetting and frustrating. And yet, try not to penalize yourself - you worked and still are working so hard. There will be victories for sure, but also battles lost. Just continue to belive in yourself and you will win, I am sure you will.

It is also hot and humid here in Paris. I hate it so, I have no words to describe it. I hate Summer, its heat and humidity :(((

So cool you're already working out on your monster machine! It is a good thing that your body aches - that means it is working. If it does not hurt after a work out, that means you shoul intensify the exercises. When I started working out, I could not even walk normally - that's how my body hurt. And I discovered so many muscles I did not even suspect the existence of! :) Good luck, dearest, as always your courage and determination are so admirable!
Hugs,
Lilie

Rozi from Jozi said...

Hi Monsoon,

It is hot here too but probably not as hot as there, anyway I wanted to tell you about my new blog if you haven't seen it already have a look: http://mydublinred.blogspot.com/

Speak soon
REDROWE
xo

NINANINA said...

hey sweetie... HOT in Nowray ? em, what is happening with this poor world ? deep inside we all know....and now I see TV shows about education younger generations to fix our mess.. will it get done ?
I am getting over pneumonia .. been really sick - sleep sleep sleep, hack hack... feeling better today! Less hack.
I like the pics of those haybales... they don't turn them into marshmallows here. :)
Bob is going to see the WHO ? I sawa them in 1976 in New York City. God I'm old.
I like your LIGHT pictures, man we have so much in common..!! When I will see a shadow projected through an interesting shape (fence or curtain) I try to capture the shadow with my camera... its such a temporary and interesting image! It must be fun to just drive with you and see all kinds of cool things to photograph!(like haybales) :)
Well my girlfriend is coming over and we are going out for sushi yah!
love ya
NINA