Wednesday, October 31, 2007

yaaaawn....

In my three year bachelor’s degree there is a 22-week work practise period included in that. Our period starts from January 2008, and lasts until June. We’ve all been anxiously awaiting to find out if we got the practise place we wanted. Due to my hip problem I asked to be placed as close to home as possible, which means within Hå kommune (Hå commune) Every day I now travel 3 hours to go to University and back home. All those hours on trains and buses aren’t exactly friendly to my particular hip problem. So imagine my joy when I found out I had been placed just where I wanted. I am going to be in the child welfare, and I think it is going to be so interesting, tough, and informative. I do hope that those who are supposed to train me are nice and well-informed people. I don’t know yet where I will be working, but I know it is either at Varhaug or Nærbø. This means one or two stops away on the train! Yea! (5 or 10 minutes each way…) So then I won’t be spending half my days travelling. *lol*

Got a haircut yesterday. It looks good I think. Especially since my face is getting smaller and narrower by the day, it feels like that at least. I will always have m cheeks though, but that’s ok. That way I don’t look completely hollowed out…

I am still quite out of it. I can’t explain in here what it is about, as it is a bit weird and personal. Difficult to explain etc. A lot has to do with this Bob person. I probably never mentioned him before, but believe me, it is a long story…

Had a great work out session today though, and at least that feels good. I love my monster!

I have found out that while I have my period some sorts of food are disgusting to me. I was trying to eat dinner on Monday, and I swear the broccoli was virtually growing on fast forward in my mouth. I almost wanted to puke! Nasty. Talk about your loss of appetite. It is very odd, I must say.

I went to visit Stina at her work on Monday, and it was great to see her. We had both lost weight since we last saw each other, and kept on admiring each other. Hehe… She works at Butikkbaker’n (a bakery/café) at the Amfi shopping centre in Sandnes. She has a break from studies, but will start her bachelor’s degree in history nest fall. (bloody lucky thing! Me want!!)

Well, obviously I have nothing really interesting to discuss or make fun of, or anything, so I will shut my gobshite now.

Mum and I on my first Norwegian National Day, May 17th. I was 9 months and I looked like a chicken... as did mum...


Can you guess who's me? Press to see bigger version! Of course you can... Just look for the one who looks most like a fucking eejit/idiot. And dear oh dear, what can we say about the fashion sense in 1990? Yikes, to wear white tennis socks, showing, in black shoes like that. There ought to be a law against it...


EV :-)

5 comments:

Martha-Anne said...

you were such a cute child!!!

Anonymous said...

You were an ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE baby!!! I am conquered! And wow, your mom is soooo beautiful!!!
As to the last photo, it made me laugh so. Jeez, I remember them 80s clothes! :) I have pictures like that too :)

Child wellfare? Wow, it must be so interesting! But I think it will also be very hard and trying emotionally.

Sorry to know that your mood suffers still. If ever you want to talk it over, you can write to me any time. I wish I could help in any way possible.

Love,
Leila

Monsoon said...

Martha-Anne; oh thank you. Yes, those were the days; I was cute... Bloody hell, when did I stop? Somewhere between 8-12 I guess.

Momiji: Thanks so much. Yes, my mum is a beautiful woman. Still is, I think.

Yes, child welfare. It is just one of the MANY places I can work when I am done. Prisons, hospitals, retirement homes, schools, within family counselling, within helping drug/alcohol abusers, and a lot more.
Yes, my mood is like a seesaw these days. Up and down at all times.

Love EV

So long, farewell! said...

Fantastic that you got the placement you wanted - really great new.

Love the photos too. Especially the 80's one :o) There were many clothing sins committed during that era - I think we looked FAB though!

love and hugs

xxx

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Gotta love that 80's pic! And not to mention the KISS-esque face on that person on the far left. Don't have the faintest idea who that is, though... :-P Yeah, gotta agree with you on that one; white tennis socks and black/dark shoes is not a terribly good combo. Fashion flop: Douze points. :-P But still, it kept your feet warm(er) than stockings.

Anyway, just thought I'd pop by to say hi, that's all. Hope you're doing ok. :-)

I'm going to bed now, so I'll leave you with the following statement/affirmation/whatever synonym that tickles your fancy:

Power to the fashionistas! :-P

Rice and curry,
Elise