I can dream can’t I!?
Tji hi…I have no idea why I haven’t written anything in ages. Guess it has to do with the fact that I hardly have time for it. I can’t really sit down and ponder upon stuff, and then I can’t write, simple as that.
Rachael Yamagata and the song “worn me down” is the song of this week-end. It is just fucking brilliant, and I love her voice in it. It is sad though, and it makes me a bit teary. Nevertheless; I recommend it big time.
My dear Momiji asked could I write about our National Day. We celebrated it on May 17th you see. Well, since I am such a history freak I could have written about ten trillion pages on the subject, but I will keep it short. Though I will go back a bit in history…
In 1380 we became part of Denmark. Norway, who had many years of greatness behind them as a “nation” was reduced to a Danish province. We were under their rule until 1814, when Norway was given to Sweden as a war indemnity. There were tons of reasons why this happened, but I won’t go into that here. It had to do with Sweden loosing Finland to Russia, and being promised Norway by Napoleons opponents if they entered the war. But due to the war no one was here to “claim us, and the Norwegians sought to take advantage of that. So on May 17th 1814, we formed a Norwegian independent Kingdom, with our own constitution and a Danish King to rule. It was a constitution filled with thoughts and ideas that sprung out from “the principle of separation powers” (from French Montesquieu) and “the principal of the sovereignty of the people”. Norway had democratic traditions way back (from the Viking times, when farmers were the ones handling laws and stuff), so it was also a very democratic constitution of its time. In the end Carl Johan from Sweden came and claimed us, and we entered a union with Sweden. May 17th still became very important to us. Why? Well, because of this we dared to work towards a complete freedom, even from Sweden. This eventually came in 1905. Yea! I must say I am sure my old history teacher would cringe if he read this, as it gives no justice to those magnificent men who fought for our freedom, for that I apologize. It is merely a little note to give some idea as to what happened. For you Momiji; I urge you to go see my blog from May 2006, where I have written a little bit about the celebration itself and a picture too in fact…
Eva and I visited Rønnaug and her baby Andreas today. It was great to see them both. It was way too long since the last time. He is just darn cute and a half!
Meanwhile I am studying whilst being scared stiff of the exam itself, and longing for something good. Being obsessive by weight, so my scale has gone into hiding in my parents house. I can’t let the weight of every day control my mood. It isn’t good for me.
I was at the gynaecologists this week. Went well. Got another type of tablets to try. It is supposed to help for several things. Let’s hope it works. Took some, ok a lot of, pictures while driving home from the hospital, and here they are. They are taken from inside the car (I drove the BMW and enjoyed every second of it) so excuse the poor quality.









So, then I am off to watch another episode of my beloved "A touch of Frost", British crime. He is so cute, I can't help it. I didn't buy season 1, 2 and 3 on DVD, no I didn't... *coughing*
Love in heaps
3 comments:
AWESOME pics!!! Love that Rachael Yamagata song too! :)
I love the pics!!!
How are you dear?
I miss you ^^
I'll write you soon!
This is always me... Laura from Italy... from my new blog on blogger ^^
Hugs!
**kissing and hugging Eilen** Oh thank you thank you thank you for this wonderful historic entry! Such a treat for a poor history freak that I am! It is really awesome! And I read the other entry too, of may 2006. Thank you for that too! The picture is smashing! So many people, wow! Really what you call a celebration!
As for your scail going over to spend some time with your parents - I once again can but admire your will power and courage. I can't get rid of my scail even for a day. It is my sacred object and it is always with me. Even if it has been for some years now that I am rid of my extra weight, I'm still obsessed by the weiht problem. Will be my whole life probably. Imagine, I weight myself every single day. Sometimes several times a day. Pitiful, I know, but I can't help it.
Post a Comment