Monday, May 21, 2007

Oh blogger all!

New song of the day: Vanessa Carlton with Rinse. God, it entirely takes me. With lyrics, voice and composition. I’ve downloaded her today. I first heard her three days ago when I found her on a soundtrack from the TV-series Charmed. As I am talking about downloading; I can recommend a very good and cheap legal site to download songs from. One album costs approx. $1, 20, which is the equivalent of nothing basically. You get less than one song for that amount in Norway. This is the site: http://www.legalsounds.com

Wow, I can’t believe I am writing again today. Gee, I must be suffering from a head injury or something. I’ve got a good deal of studying done, and I even got time to sunbathe a bit on my balcony. Got some freckles and all yeah…

I really like the history channels we receive here. Yesterday I watched a documentary on the “Kinder transport” (Refugee Children Movement) that took place prior to the outbreak of WW II. United Kingdom took in 10 000 children, predominantly Jewish, to help them escape the Nazi regime’s atrocities. Even children down to 2 years of age were sent away to an uncertain future in a new scary country with a foreign language. They were terrified! One girl told us that as the train was about to leave someone threw in a weave basket in the compartment she was in. As she was the oldest she had to go look what was in. She found two infants. Luckily the German searching the train at the border to Holland didn’t report the infants. They had no legal papers, so they would probably have been “dealt with” had he reported…

Can you imagine being 9 years old, standing on a platform with angry soldiers, weeping children, and parents, not knowing what you’re about to embark on. Tummy hurts; you have butterflies, heart pounding, sweaty hands, brave smile, and uncertainty. You enter the train, with slow steps, not really wanting to. You glance out the window and see your beloved parents, waving them good bye with the biggest lump in your throat. Who knew it would be your last time seeing your parents. That last embrace really became the final one for the majority of these kids, as most parents died in the hands of the Germans.

In the documentary when they talked to a man, an elder man, he started to cry. He said that most people think it gets better as time goes by. But it doesn’t he says, with tears running down his cheeks. I still wake up at night in cold sweat, anxiety, and miss them. See their smiling faces as they waved me goodbye. Then I “see” them again, being shot the minute they stepped out of the train in Auschwitz. (He knew what happened to them…) As you can imagine tears were totally running down my cheeks while watching. I whispered to him; “Just wait; when you go to heaven you will see them again, they will greet you there”.
When the war finally ended, it wasn’t even over then. As I said earlier; most parents had perished. The kids then found out about the terrors of their families. It was like I died myself, one woman said. Though, still to this very day, some of the children find relatives, lost ones. Many of them, thanks to the internet. So no matter what the critics say; internet isn’t all bad!

I talked to Stina a good while on the phone today. Love her. It is always so good to talk to her. It leaves me more content than before. She is in a good mood lately, and things go her way. So happy for her, as she really deserves a break.

Gosh, am I miss popular right now. *lol* 4 pending Msn and Skype friends talking to me. I can’t chat with 4 at the same time! I am not that multitask orientated


"how she'd be soothed, how she'd be saved if he could see
she needs to be held in his arms to be free
but everything happens for reasons that she will never understand
'til she knows that the heart of a woman will never be found in the arms of a man"

Monsoon - wanting to turn off the love within -

6 comments:

Martha-Anne said...

i ADORE vanessa carlton... I suggest Paradise, White Houses, Green Sleeves, Ordinary Day, 1000 miles... if you want more suggestions for her, or just new music, email me! She's grand!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Amiga! Step to greet and to request excuses by not haberte written before. The truth is that I am remote of the network. I do not write in my blog and dejè your name allì sealed, is that in this just a short time you have been so affectionate with me. Volverè to visitarte, that was my word when I came aquì and asì for the first time serà. Thanks to have the translator, that allows me to read what you write. I leave a great kiss you in your pretty heart! So long friend! Your friend of Argentina that does not forget to you! Nora

Tea said...

That would have been an interesting show to see. Heartbreaking too. Thanks for visiting my blog :)

tea
xo

Anonymous said...

A war is always horrific. There is nothing human about war, except maybe the human suffering. The WWII is the ultimate example. I also always watch all the documentaries on WWII that go on TV, although every time my heart breaks. I can imagine how those little kids felt, terrified, separated from their parents. But I can also imagine what courage and how much of it took their parents to send their children away, knowing that they were giving them the only chance of survival, but knowing also that their little ones are going away to an absolute UNKNOWN. How a parent's heart must have been wrung with pain and worry.

So long, farewell! said...

Hello Gorgeous!

Lovely to hear you in such high spirits. I miss reading your words but I have so little online time.

The whole 'Kinder Transport' situation is too awful for words, isn't it. I don't think I would cope now, never mind at the age of 9. And as for the thought of having to give up my daughter, it doesn't bear thinking about.

Let us hope the world keeps moving towards harmony and peace and, in the meantime, let us all just do our bit and love each other more.

xx

Laura said...

It must have been a good show this one.
Internet is not so bad at all, and I'm glad to Internet too =)
Thanks for your mail, dear, and I'll reply you later or tomorrow. Okay? By the way thanks for everything and I do hope you feel a bit better...

Hugs & Kisses for you.
Your Italian Friend Laura.