I can’t help myself; I must read “Overheard in New York” once in a while. I read pages and pages today, and I laughed my head off. Well, partly off, as my ugly head still sits on top of me. Haha! But seriously, it is hilarious stuff!
So of course I have to share three of them with you guys:
Bimbette #1: The weather has been crazy.
Bimbette #2: Yeah, I think we were having global warming yesterday.
Man: That place isn't Chinese, it's Japanese.
Woman: Yeah, but some Chinese are Japanese.
--42nd & Madison
Chick #1: So, what are we doing tonight?
Chick #2: I don't know... Wanna go down on me?
Chick #1: Jesus Christ, Chelsea, can you be a little louder?
Chick #2: So, is that a 'no'?
--Central Park
So, Stina met me in town yesterday, came home with me, and stayed the night. Not that way, we’re just friends. *lol* She didn’t even sleep in my bed. We had a fantabulous day, with good dinner, talks about everything; school, history, the society we live in, (sex too, needless to say, as we are incapable of being together without discussing sex in any form) and just enjoying the evening. But, this morning when we went to catch the 9 train we got the message that it was late. First 15 minutes, then 20, then even more. Argh! After being outside in the snow and fucking freezing weather for 45 minutes, my face was blue, hands so cold that I am sure I could have broken one finger and not felt it, and my arse was numb. I called my mum and she collected us. In the end there was no point for me going to school, as I wouldn’t have gotten there before my classes were over. Really bleedin annoying as it was compulsory lecture today. Yikes! Stina didn’t get onto the train before 11.30.
I have been to Eva’s today, which was also nice. Only trouble was that I had an insane headache which ruined the afternoon for me altogether. So I didn’t stay long at her place. I went home and ate “komle” for dinner. YUMMMY!
After that, what have I done? Difficult to tell. None of which I had planned to do, must admit. But that was due to my headache. I did download a really happy song. And I’ve listened to it about five times, and danced my arse off. (I wish!!) Really gets me going, wow! I needed a stimulant like that!! It is called Grace Kelly, and it is sung by Mika. It’s not normally my cup of tea, music wise, but it just hit me, straight in my dance foot. Tjihi…
I miss learning Spanish, and I miss my Spanish teacher. His name was Terje Leraand, and he was brilliant. I know Elise miss him too, and no wonder; he was a very inspiring and terrific teacher. His ways made you, at least Elise and I, want to learn more and more yet… I do adore teachers who are like that. As said before, my history/math teacher was the same. But, back to me wanting to learn more Spanish, I really do! I have decided to read one chapter every night in my book, before going to sleep. I need to keep it alive, until I am done studying. Then I can do courses and learn more. I just don’t have the time now, seriously not. Aprenderé más español, ¡sin duda! (excuse me Spanish speaking people if this was terrible wrong!)
Sooo, I think I’m gonna eat something now. Hungry I am. *Must hear the good feisty song first*
Hugs
Monsoon
2 comments:
hello!
I know how you can keep your spanish "alive". You can teach me!
No just kidding!
Now I've had Torunn over for a visit. very nice.. We played cards, and I won... hehehe
We made plans for saturday. here boys are comming over to play The sims, on the day, and Im going there later to have taco...
See you friday...
Love you
Am happy to hear that you're still reading some Spanish! :-D Would be a shame to let those intense 6 months (or was it less? Correct me if I'm wrong) go to waste. And yes, I do miss having Terje as a teacher. He's definitely one of the best teachers I've ever had (in addition to my Grammar teacher here in Oslo, whom I had last semester). *hail, hail, hail*
Anyway, hope you're having a blast, and hope to see you soon!
Blabberings and diapers from
Elise
Post a Comment