Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Time is passing

The universe; it is so vast, so insanely big, so incomprehensible, so intriguing, so incredible. I wish I could go out there and have a look. At least within our own solar system…Too see a star up close, go to Saturn or Venus and see what it’s like there. I wish travelling in space was just like hopping on a train to go somewhere. “Oh, I’m just going to Venus today, they say it’s a good day there”. How cool. Only problem; I couldn’t really live there, now could I? Hehe… I mean there’s 500 degrees Celsius max temperature on Venus, so I guess it would get a bit hot under the collar. In addition; its atmosphere is full of sulphur acid vapour, not exactly a very hospitable environment, eh!?

But it is all so far away, and it will never happen. Makes me a bit annoyed. I wish it were like that. I’ve always been attracted to outer space, to the sky and what we can’t see. Lying on the grass watching the stars on a clear day, it is amazing. I long for it, to go there. Lucky astronauts, at least they get to see our astonishingly beautiful planet, Tellus, from out there. They can see that it is round; they can see that it’s there. We just see what’s around us; we can’t observe ourselves form a different view, so to speak. I think it is a life changing experience to see our world from that view. It must do something to you.

Last day at school today, before the exam. We are all so nervous. Good to see that other people are anxious too. A wee comfort for a stressed out soul. I wish I had someone special here, to crawl into the arms of, and be told that everything is going to be grand. At least my lecturers believe in me. My teacher told me today that she and another teacher are extremely impressed by me, that they are enthusiastic over me, and that they think I can reach as far as I wish to as a “sosionom”. (Social worker) Those words made me very happy, and I needed that acknowledgment.

I have been yawning so much today, I don’t know what it is. I must be tired, but it is awfully exaggerated. Like I think I’ve yawned 30 times in 20 minutes. Hello! I had a nap in the afternoon, and still… so perhaps making it an early-ish night would be a good idea? Nah! *lol* I’ve got other hush-hush plans, so…

Well, off I go

Monzzzzzzzzzoon ;-)

Leaving with a picture of our planet, seen from Apollo 17. Gorgeous!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree 100 percent with your teachers. You can reach as high and far as you wish. Your talent and determination are exceptional!

I too always dreamed of going to the stars. Universe seems to me so mysterious. Going from planet to planet - that is just so cool!

Love the pic of our planet. By the way, I have posted once an entry about our solar system and there are some cool pics that go with it. If you want to check the pics out, you can go to: http://ezhednevnik.blogspot.com/2006/06/solar-system.html

Love,
Lilie

Elise said...

Good luck on your exams, Oeinao! And yes, your teachers are DEFINITELY right! You are going to go far!!!

Still miss having Spanish with you, though... *pout* ;-)

Shamrocks, mustard seeds and Blarney stones,
Elise/Elsie/Eslie/the misplaced Jærbu.

Monsoon said...

Momiji: Thank you my sweet! However; I am not so sure myself. I am not being the best student these days.

I've read your blog entry, and I can tell you we both went to wikipedia for these pictures. *lol*

Elise: Hello dear! Thank you. Like I said to Momiji; not such a good student. It's like I've lost all will. Horrible. I too miss having Spanish with you, a lot!! You always inspired me, and I loved that. Nobody inspires me at the new school, not even the teachers. *coughing* *lol*

Perhaps I'll see you during easter break... If you have time. I'd love that!

Hugs to both!!

EIlen/Oeinao/Monsoon

Anonymous said...

Ugh, can't be bothered to sign in just for this stoopid little comment. Yeah, hope we can meet up as well! But I'll be having a certain visitor over, so I have to "see it on" (ooooomigosh, how my English is deteriorating today!).

Have a wonderful day! Still wishing you the best of luck on your exams!

Cellphones, dandruff and birch trees,
Elise