Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Wish you were here

So, I wonder who is 9 kilos (19, 8 lbs.) lighter than she was on January 1st?
Well… *drumroll* it’s MEEEE!!! Yea! I am so glad. I just had to weigh, as I felt I had lost some, and I was frickin right. At last, 1, 7 kilos more. February was a terrible month, but the last week has been so much better. Insanely hard and emotional and all sorts of horrible things too, but the reward tastes so good. Thank you Lilie dear. Your uplifting words encourage me continuously, to do my best, and it lifts my self-esteem. A little miracle worker you are! Thank you also to those of my friends who haven’t tempted me with sweets and delicious food, and who accept and support me in this life change.

Still utterly over stressed and overwhelmed by the whole exam thing. I did get a great deal done today, and I understood what I read too. It is a very good book called “Understanding social work”, by Neil Thompson. He writes in such a way that makes it easy, for me, to comprehend. He discusses and takes up imperative issues regarding this line of work. His book is one of the most significant ones that we’ve had, I think.

Yesterday Irene rang me. It was incredibly great to talk to her. We talked for several hours, and in the end we had to stop, as we literally had to break our fingers off the phone handle. *lol* Yup, we are experts on the concept of conversation, aren’t we dear!? But then, it felt like “years” since the last time we had a good talk, soo... I also talked to Mette, a friend I got to know whilst living in Oslo. She was in total shock to hear my ex’s news of her pregnancy. You see we used to hang out as a foursome, Inger Marie, me, Mette and her ex Catrine. All broken up, eh… Terrific to speak to her too, she is a great woman. And yes, we too have the ability to talk, and then some.

I want to show you who they are.

The first one is a picture I took of Irene when she still smoked, and I lived in Oslo. I think she is totally hot on this one. *cough*


And then here’s Mette showing off her nice cleavage on the balcony in Oslo. Lovely dear!


By the way, as I sit here listening to The Who I can’t stop thinking about the fact that I am going to see them this summer. Jaysis! I can’t believe it. It is going to be huge. My hero; Pete on stage! Playing his guitar for me. (Yes, only me of course…) And Roger singing and “screaming” and enjoying himself on stage. Wow. It is surreal.

Also, man is Inter doing brilliantly in series A. They haven’t lost one game, and only drawn four, and have 70 points, against Rome’s 54. Well, they’re not that good in the Champions League, but ah well, you can’t rule all over the place. I am just glad they’re doing so great. So, it is good to be an Inter fan these days, no doubt.

Enough. It is soon Lost time here, and before that I need to cut up some fresh pineapple, which is my treat for today.

Love Monsoon

And then there was Bob.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

9 kilos?????? WOOOOOOW!!!!!! Go Eilen go Eilen go Eilen!!! **jumping and running around Eilen with red banners with "Eilen is THE best" written on them, hugging Eilen and clapping hands** You can't imagine how proud I am of what you are doing! It is very sincerly spoken, dear, I am really truly absolutely proud of you. It may seem like so little to you, but in fact you absolutely have to realise how ENORMOUS it is. 9 kilos is a huge result, most people have difficulties loosing two-three kilos. My cousin is loosing her five kilos for three years now and she's still at it. And you have lost 9, NINE kilos in what? Less than two months. You have done a great great job, I admire your courage and determination and I repeat: I am so damn proud of you!

Your friends are beautiful! My grand-mother has a saying about people like that: their soul is in their eyes and their expression. These are genuine people. And they are so lovely. Like you!

Love,
Lilie

P.S. If ever you feel like writing to me: leila.doumbe@yahoo.fr

Anonymous said...

the who may be coming to PEI this summer!!! i'll definitely be going to see them if they do. Aerosmith as well!

Monsoon said...

Momiji: *lol* Thank you ever so much. Made me laugh. I can picture you running around like that, with the banners. Funny! Yea, I am really glad that I have lost this weight, and that I continue to do so. And mind you; don't underestimate the power of blog-friends like you.

Wise woman your grandmother.
Thanks again my dear!

Martha: The Who to PEI too? Wow! That's great! I really do hope, for you, that they do come! God they're fab! I mean, they rule live and on stage. Real music, real musicians, that's for sure!

Love Monsoon xxx

*lynne* said...

whohooo1 congrats on the weight loss! [technically, it should be mostly fat loss - are you monitoring fat%?] me,, i'm still stuck in my rut. No, I'm *wallowing* in my rut! And I've a big event in 2 months' time. *sigh* haven't been visiting much recently, hope all else is also going well with ya!