Sunday, April 01, 2007

Sweets for my sweet

Laura, my Italian friend, it was so good to talk to you yesterday, it really made my day! You and I are so much alike, it is a pity we live so far from each other. Aren’t we the dreamers?

I saw a film, or documentary rather, yesterday that got to me. It was by and with Al Gore, and it is called “The Inconvenient truth”. And boy is that true. It is about global warming, and the dreadful things we do to our only home; the earth. I have to admit I never knew he was so preoccupied by the environmental issue. Salutations to him for that! I urge you all to watch it, as it will have a profound effect on you, unless you are totally unemotional and couldn’t care less about the world we live in.

My mother is 55 tomorrow, and so a birthday party is to be held at my parents’ house later on today. Dad has bought her an Mp3 player. Or more accurate; I bought it for him. He doesn’t know enough about Mp3 players to buy one. I bought her the DVD of the “Pride and Prejudice” BBC series from Shira. My brother and I got her an electric kettle. She had wished for the player and kettle. Aren’t we the inventive ones!?

Here’s mum

She is one of my best friends, however; she is first and foremost my mum. One person I can talk to about everything, and she always understands me. One of the strongest, most honest and altruistic persons I’ve ever met. She was born with a hip dysplasia in both hips, and has been mistreated by the doctors in many years. Spent most of her 3 first years in a hospital, with plaster up to under her arms, and where her parents only could watch her through a window. Almost ended up in a wheelchair ten years ago. Luckily a surgeon finally helped her, and when he saw her x-rays he said with awe and shock in his voice: “How the hell are you able to walk erect at all!?” She is in severe pain every day, and yet she never complains. She just keeps on going. My mum is truly one of the most amazing persons ever, and I love her so much. If I feel really lazy I think of her, and her struggles, then I feel ashamed!

The day started with a good walk down by the sea, at 8.30. The sun was shining, and I sat down beside a little stream and closed my eyes just to listen to the trickle of the water. The sound of water and/or sea sooths me like nothing else. It’s meditation to me. Lovely start for me on a beautiful Sunday. I’ve sat on my balcony for a little while too, as it was really warm there.

Have a good Easter folks!

Love Monsoon

Ps. I am back to my sexual self again, which is fabulous! I hate it when I’m not in contact with that side of me…

Pss. Bob ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mom is SOOOOOO beautiful! I am very impressed! And you look a lot like her! I now also understand where from comes your strong character and determination. You are so lucky to have such a mother!

Love,
Lilie

Monsoon said...

Thanks, as always my dear. I'm sure mum would kill me if she knew I put her picture on the net.
Yes, I am very lucky to have her, no doubt!
Just like your kids are lucky to have you!!

Love

margarida said...

happy birthday for your mother.