Friday, April 27, 2007

Wind beneath my wings

That song makes me cry every time, when Bette Midler signs it. Don’t know what it is. It reminds me of Ciara, the girl from my “Irish family”. We used to sing this song and cry unabashedly whilst… I first heard the song when watching the very good film “Beaches”, where Bette M stars, and this song is featured. It is such a sad film, oh my God!

It’s been ages and ages since my last real entry in here. I’ve been too restless, too weird, busy, stressed, tired, and more, to be able to write. So then I thought I’d give it a go now. I am actually waiting for my mum; we’re going to my grandparents.

I have today off, study day, so then I of course woke up at 7!!! Yes, how normal is that when I finally can sleep longer than 05.15!?!?! I was mental! However, no use in that so I just laid there until quarter to 8 and got up. The tiredness will most probably creep upon me later on today.

I talked to the teacher in charge of our class, and after that I am not so unhappy with my C. Though a bit sore I will not linger, if you know what I mean.
Heck, I have a horrendously difficult exam ahead of me, so… On that exam I will be exceedingly happy with a C, as these subjects are hard, really hard. We have to do a lot of concept/society/economy/political/welfare state analysis, which I find hard. There are sooo many concepts to grasp and make sense of. Not to mention law. I am utterly law-inept… May all the forces be with me, hehe…

I am very pleased with myself lately. If I might be boasting some. I’ve worked out every day for the past two weeks, except one day when my foot was killing me. (I have to be a bit cautious, as I am so heavy, so that I don’t overload/strain my body. Any body can only take so much.) I can totally feel the change already. Right now I am in the midst of period time, so when that’s done I am excited to see if the weight has changed at all. Hope so. I am sure I’ll be under that “magic number” once again. This time however; I am not going to cave. I will continue. In addition my pulse, when relaxed, has dropped from a terrible 100 to 69 since November. Which is more normal I think. Yea! *feeling good*

I’ll stop now, as I assume my mum will soon be here.

Love in heaps to all my wonderful blog friends, and my other ones as well!! I am so glad you're in my life! 

Monsoon ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So proud of you for your workout regime! That's excellent!!!! Keep up the good work!

Love that song too!

Have a good weekend and thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog! :) you're a gem!

Anonymous said...

You have to study, learn, remember and understand so many things. I can remember my own studies and I was panicked most of the time because there was just so much stuff that I could not imagine that I possibly would be able to get all of it into my head. As always, I admire so your courage and determination. and I admire it ten times more seeing all the efforts you are making to better your health and looks. I've been slacking a bit lately, but after reading your entry, I got new strength and energy. You're wonderful.
Love,
Lilie

Monsoon said...

Thank you both so much for your support and kind words. You are very special to me, I have to say. Even though we've never met... And "just" between us; I am now under the magic number, despite my period, so I am thrilled.
Lilie; glad to be contributing to your strength and energy. You have given me a boost so many times, so it was about time I gave some back.

Love you guys!

Monsoon/Eilen