Monday, February 06, 2006

What an unorganized day!

Ugh! This has been a very unproductive day. Have tried to sit down one million times to do my maths, but I end up doing other things instead. Like going through stacks of paper that need to be sorted out, dancing, and writing in my diary. Oh God I annoy myself sometimes!
Had appointment at my gynaecologist today. Got a smear test for the first time. About time I guess. I am going to continue taking my "primolut" pills to help my PCO thingy. Enough about that, it's probably not very interesting to read about. *lol*

Brushed my cat today, and I am not kidding you; one could make a sweater in my size from all the fur that comes off. I can comb and comb, and it never stops... She still has huge amounts of hair on her tiny body. How is it possible to have that much hair I wonder.

I like history. It is the most interesting and intriguing thing ever. I could never tire from learning new stuff. I have always been preoccupied with history. Used to sit with huge fact books in my lap and read it when I was little. When being 7 years old and reading about Alexander the Great, The Roman Empire, Napoleon and more, and thinking that these are the best things, you are quite unusual. At that age anyway. But the interest in history has stuck with me, and I still love it. I find it incredibly important. For us, at present time, it's very important to know our history in order to understand the world in which we live in. Why do things happen, what can we learn, have similar incidents occurred before, and so on. There are thousands of questions to ask ourselves, and I want to know! Don't you?

My grandparents certainly know about my interest, cause guess what they gave me for X-Mas. A paid subscription on a history magazine called "illustrated science - history". It's very good. But it's more of a popular type of thing, and it doesn't go into the depth of every subject. Every issues has about three historical occurrences that they take you "deep into".

I took what we call new history (from 1850 to present) and ancient history (about 500 BC and until 1850) last year. It was fantastic. We had a most extraordinarily brilliant teacher. He was so inspiring that I was barely able to do anything but to work on history. It was there that I met Stina, and she grew to love history like I do. We still talk about, and miss, those classes. Stina used to really dislike history, but after having that teacher, Dag Johannessen, she is totally into it. Amazing I think. Strange how much a teacher means for ones ability to learn, and not to mention; ones will to learn... This school has loads of teachers that are like that, so I am very fortunate who can attend it!

Monsoon xxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments: